• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    Why does this woman not understand that what happened to people of her faith and to political dissidents in Nazi Germany makes owning so called "assault weapons" pretty much a civic duty ?

She's in power, so it won't be her.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    Actually, the main bill is S 649, titled "Safe Communities and Safe Schools Act" introduced by Harry Reid. The Manchin-Toomey amendment is one of many, among them is the Feinstein amendment. Traitors all of them.

*** If you think a theatre filled with unarmed people against a lone gunman is scary, imagine a disarmed populace against a tyrannical government ***

Right2Carry

Feb 27, 2009
    District 32
    "From my Cold Dead Hands!"

Attachments

• images.jpg
      images.jpg
      9 KB · Views: 295

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    Maybe it will work opposite of SB281, they will vote for this amendment, and vote against the bill. :shrug:

Si vis pacem para bellum

follow me @DiscipleofJMB

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Adding the AWB amendment will hurt the possibility of Senate passage now IMO. Now the fence sitting Blue Dems can vote against this piece of garbage without looking like "obstructionist Repubs" who are against "common sense gun legislation" as the libs say.

Bad move if it's accepted. IMO

Feb 28, 2013
    Hahahaha...I like that one. :lol: Federal agents should rummage through her household and seize her collection of giant 2-headed jelly dongs, which undoubtedly fail the feature test of an assault dingus.

That's a visual I didn't need.

Bad enough I had a nightmare once about this woman taking a liking to me. OMG!!

I woke up screaming and ran to the safe to make sure my beautiful assault weapons were still there.

Ahh. Guns safe and sound, heart back in chest, all is right with the world again.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    It's the poison pill approach. She wants to sabotage this bill, in order to start anew with her AWB-II ver. 2.1

After all the have "PASS SOMETHING".
    You know that's what's going on here, right?

Ultimate Member
    Haven't seen this here yet. Copied from another poster over on XDtalk

Amendments For S.649

1. S.AMDT.711 to S.649 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
    Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (introduced 4/11/2013) Cosponsors (22)
    Latest Major Action: 4/11/2013 Senate amendment submitted

2. S.AMDT.712 to S.649 Purpose will be available when the amendment is proposed for consideration. See Congressional Record for text.
    Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (introduced 4/11/2013) Cosponsors (3)
    Latest Major Action: 4/11/2013 Senate amendment submitted

Bill Summary & Status - 113th Congress (2013 - 2014) - S.649 - THOMAS (Library of Congress)
    Click Amendements:

then S.AMDT.711, then TEXT OF AMENDMENT AS SUBMITTED: CR S2598-2610
    then S.AMDT.712, then TEXT OF AMENDMENT AS SUBMITTED: CR S2610-2611

I thought Reid was going to keep her inline.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    If I read it correctly...she only introduced it, as she said she would. The senate would have to vote to accept it and so far only Tim Kaine is a co sponsor (I hope this ensures that VA votes him out when his term is up).

The introduce stupid bills and amendments all the time. Look at the crap that comes out of Mcarthy every year. I can't wait to see how the vote goes though.

That's right. And if it is on the bill it goes to the house ...
    Why do you think Reid did not want it on the bill coming out of committee. None if this is any more troubling than it was before.

Only after it is on the bill do we need to worry. Of course we can call our senators and tell them not to vote for it ;) but somehow I think they will anyway..:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SparkyKoT

Latest threads

Top Bottom