• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    They won't bother confiscating door to door. There's not the manpower or money for it, and it would be very bad PR and they know it.

What they will do is, after the next Sandy Hook (and we all know there will likely be another idiot in a school, eventually) they will pass another law that illegalizes what was grandfathered. The logic will be "SB-281 wasn't enough, we need to do more". They will require you to voluntarily surrender your grandfathered arms. Those that don't, will be felons. Even if you own a now-illegal AR you risk arrest and losing your right to own guns everytime you take it out to shoot. They will be happy with that, and will pat each other on the back and call MD safer.

There will never be door to door confiscation. And hopefully there will never be anything beyond SB-281 because enough of us are now motivated to push back at every turn.

SkunkWerX

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2010
    MoCo/HoCo border
    They won't bother confiscating door to door. There's not the manpower or money for it, and it would be very bad PR and they know it.

What they will do is, after the next Sandy Hook (and we all know there will likely be another idiot in a school, eventually) they will pass another law that illegalizes what was grandfathered. The logic will be "SB-281 wasn't enough, we need to do more". They will require you to voluntarily surrender your grandfathered arms. Those that don't, will be felons. Even if you own a now-illegal AR you risk arrest and losing your right to own guns everytime you take it out to shoot. They will be happy with that, and will pat each other on the back and call MD safer.

There will never be door to door confiscation. And hopefully there will never be anything beyond SB-281 because enough of us are now motivated to push back at every turn.

And since "everyone" will comply with SB-281 (when it becomes law) they will have their list of felons already. They won't come to your house, they will come to where you work and handcuff you there. Seize your property maybe? It could get ugly.

Remember, unless Heller is overturned, we have the right to "keep". period!
    That is why SB-281 does not and cannot speak to taking what you have already. That would be an immediate trip to SC, and they won't do this until they have a majority in SCOTUS to overturn Heller.

This is all a giant political game of strategy.
    See it for what it is.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    And since "everyone" will comply with SB-281 (when it becomes law) they will have their list of felons already. They won't come to your house, they will come to where you work and handcuff you there. Seize your property maybe? It could get ugly.

Remember, unless Heller is overturned, we have the right to "keep". period!
    That is why SB-281 does not and cannot speak to taking what you have already. That would be an immediate trip to SC, and they won't do this until they have a majority in SCOTUS to overturn Heller.

This is all a giant political game of strategy.
    See it for what it is.

It does, 281 says register before 10/1 or become a criminal!

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    I think you are wrong. Most people are all talk. I'm not saying you are one of them. I think we would be lucky to have 10% of gun owners to take up arms in such an event. I think it will be more like 1%. I don't plan on giving up anything, but chances are, I don't think they will come for most of us when we are home. Why have a shootout when they can clean me out while I am at work and then arrest me whenever?

This.

It's already happened, and 0% took up arms and resisted - Hurricane Katrina.

My personal belief is people are 100% talk (including MYSELF.) When it comes down to it, no one has the balls to put everything, including their lives on the line like our fellow Maryland'ers did in 1814. Just look at how many people wouldn't even risk a day off work to come protest.

SSJ

Sep 16, 2011
    MD
    Before the flamers get here, let me make sure I made myself clear - I AM INCLUDED in my statement above. Despite all my talk to my family and friends about refusing to comply, burrying my weapons, and sticking a rifle in the face of whoever knocks on the door, the bottom line is, when the day comes, I will cower like a little girl, hand over my weapons, and go back downstairs and finish watching NCIS.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    Vet

If you really believe that 90% of gun owners will give up their guns voluntarily, you must not get out much.

I am a Vietnam Veteran in my sixties and know many many like minded people who will never agree to give up their firearms. We know what it is like to put our lives on the line for the cause of freedom and will do it again if need be.

I suggest you read the Federalist Papers so that you can learn why people are willing to die to be free.

John

Generally speaking military vets take the Constitutional rights literally and old farts like you and I (71) realize it is better to die free than a serf.

JAY1234

Retired Radioman Chief
    Dec 1, 2012
    St Marys County Maryland
    If the anti's have access to this thread a lot of you have probably given them ideas they haven't thought of before. If you don't feel like you are capable of standing up to the raping of our rights and will cower like a little girl, the MSP will accept your firearms now.

Kilroy

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2011
    Confiscation will happen when I run out of ammo. I don't bother anybody, it's my stuff, and I just want to be left alone.

yotaboy24

Mar 12, 2009
    The people who will willing give up their firearms should do it now. They are not worthy to have them.

Bang

Ultimate Member
    Feb 3, 2008
    Baltimore Co.
    Anyone looking to give up your firearms message me first, I would be more than willing to give them a good home :D

ToBeFree

Ultimate Member
    Oct 5, 2011
    Highland Cnty-Va
    Wait

If confiscation ...

Obama has divided this nation to a point that it will take the messiah himself to come down and fix it all. What matters is knowing your neighbors and having a support network so if it does come you can slip out of MD to a gun friendly state, reorganize, regroup, and counter attack.

Isn't he in office?

NRA-Benefactor

Defend Freedom
    Feb 4, 2013
    Calvert County
    I know most of my friends and myself included say they will never give up their firearms, but I am sure the people of England and Australia said they same things...........

What happened in those places????

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom