• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    They’ve sold these two ways before. One with just a limiter that can be easily swapped once you’re in a free state, but many of them have the limiter actually riveted to the baseplate. You need a drill and a lot of patience to take them apart.

Ask me how I know.

Sirex

Powered by natural gas
    Oct 30, 2010
    Westminster, MD
    They’ve sold these two ways before. One with just a limiter that can be easily swapped once you’re in a free state, but many of them have the limiter actually riveted to the baseplate. You need a drill and a lot of patience to take them apart.

Ask me how I know.

The ones I have just have a long block between the floorplate and follower with a shorter spring, if I recall. No rivets. The SR25 10rd Hexmags have a rivet, and once popped off, you just remove the spacer. Mine didn't even need a longer spring for the 308 mags.

SkiPatrolDude

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 24, 2017
    Timonium-Lutherville
    The ones I have just have a long block between the floorplate and follower with a shorter spring, if I recall. No rivets. The SR25 10rd Hexmags have a rivet, and once popped off, you just remove the spacer. Mine didn't even need a longer spring for the 308 mags.

Good to know. The rivets were a major PITA to remove, in my condo in Delaware of course :party29:.

After that experience I have simply begun to make a habit of making a few stops while out of state.

Jul 16, 2020
    Good to know. The rivets were a major PITA to remove, in my condo in Delaware of course :party29:.

After that experience I have simply begun to make a habit of making a few stops while out of state.

I buy my mags out of state as well. It's just worth it. I also prefer 10rd mags for sighting in work and such. I find that for bench rest zeroing and stuff the 30 rd magazines get in the way a lot.

Mar 6, 2019
    I buy my mags out of state as well. It's just worth it. I also prefer 10rd mags for sighting in work and such. I find that for bench rest zeroing and stuff the 30 rd magazines get in the way a lot.

Have you tried 20 rounders on the bench? I’ve been leaning towards trying them to see if it’d be a best of both worlds situation. I’ll still keep my 30 rounders on top of the 20s if I go that route.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom