• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • krucam

Ultimate Member
    got it.

thanks

ETA-why are they wasting resources to appeal this? Other than the taxpayers are footing the bill.

I've said before, "Never underestimate the fervor of a rabid anti". They often do things that leave me scratching my head. No sense of keeping losses at a minimum. At least in Illinois, AG Madigan was smart enough to not push Moore/Sheppard, unfortunately.

CA9 upholding this only broadens the reach of the ruling, adds more Sect 1988 funds to the CGF & SAF teams, yada, yada....

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.

Attachments

• gov.uscourts.caed.233362.123.0.pdf
      339.5 KB · Views: 134

Knuckle Dragger

May 7, 2012
    The coda on this case is that CGF was awarded about $194k in fees and expenses.

Winning is good. Getting paid to win is great.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    http://michellawyers.com/wp-content...rris_Opening-Brief-of-Defendant-Appellant.pdf

the state filed their opening brief. It looks a lot better than their lower court stuff unfortunately.

Thanks for posting Wolfwood. The State's reliance on the 2A 2-step is almost unreal in this one. Saying only a governmental interest in improving public safety is sufficient under Intermediate Scrutiny.

Isn't a more strict analysis required, even under Intermediate? Otherwise, this just becomes Rational Basis scrutiny...

Maestro Pistolero

Mar 20, 2012
    Why on earth are they appealing this? There is no earthly reason to be concerned about a gun owner purchasing a subsequent firearm.

kcbrown

Super Genius
    Jun 16, 2012
    Why on earth are they appealing this? There is no earthly reason to be concerned about a gun owner purchasing a subsequent firearm.

Because they want to make it clear to us proles that no matter what was said in Heller, the "right" to arms is in practice a privilege.

(Sent with Tapatalk, so apologies for the lackluster formatting)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    navyfirefighter1981

Latest threads

Top Bottom