• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I just got the word from a buddy of mine that is a big wheel in the MTA that DNR will be targeting and ticketing MA tagged trailers at boat ramps this year specifically if they're hooked to a MD tagged vehicle. I've already heard from a few guys that were ticketed. I've already decided to make the switch. My friend actually admitted he was spearheading this, so the source is good.
    Dan

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Under what section of COMAR are they ticketing the owners ?

I know, there is that section that says that you have to have at least one MD tagged trailer if you want to tow an out of state trailer, but that is under the commercial vehicles regs, so I am not sure it even applies.

IjustCantAim

Jan 20, 2010
    A lot of ramps have an out-of- state ramp fee. maybe they are paying the cheaper in-state fee and getting a fine? You are supposed to use the trailer tag number when you fill out the ramp fee slip.

Rab1515

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 29, 2014
    Calvert
    I just got the word from a buddy of mine that is a big wheel in the MTA that DNR will be targeting and ticketing MA tagged trailers at boat ramps this year specifically if they're hooked to a MD tagged vehicle. I've already heard from a few guys that were ticketed. I've already decided to make the switch. My friend actually admitted he was spearheading this, so the source is good.
    Dan

Under what law? Only if your using a public boat ramp? What does DNR have to do with MVA rules?

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    I don't know about commercial regs since they don't affect me. This actually isn't new, it's just that boat ramps are target rich environments for NRP to ticket. Also, MTA police will be on the lookout at bridges and tunnels.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    I don't know about commercial regs since they don't affect me. This actually isn't new, it's just that boat ramps are target rich environments for NRP to ticket. Also, MTA police will be on the lookout at bridges and tunnels.

since its legal to have a trailer registered in Maine .what's the ticket for, specifically?

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    since its legal to have a trailer registered in Maine .what's the ticket for, specifically?

The issue is if you are a Maryland registered driver. All of your vehicles (trailers included) need to be registered in MD. This really isn't new news or law, it's just they are stepping up enforcement.

44man

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    southern md
    The issue is if you are a Maryland registered driver. All of your vehicles (trailers included) need to be registered in MD. This really isn't new news or law, it's just they are stepping up enforcement.

Pearce said he sees a lot of trailers with Maine registration because it is cheaper to register a trailer in Maine, but this practice may be in violation of the Maryland Transportation Article.

For example, The Staab Agency in Maine will register from one to nine trailers for $207 for up to 12 years, and in Maryland it is common practice for commercial shippers to do so, not only because it is inexpensive, but because there is no sales tax required on a trailer registered in Maine.

The bottom line, to be compliant with Maryland registration laws, for every trailer you have registered out of state, you must have one truck and trailer registered in the state of Maryland, Pearce said. Farm Area tags can be used in a 25-mile radius of a farm and are valid out of state so long as they are within the 25-mile radius of the farm.

this is from a farm ******** horse people event and its how it was explained to everyone there. is this not correct? if not then the state should try and do a better job.

the way I see it I have 5 trucks registered in md and 5 "trailers" registered in md though some of them aren't what some folks call trailers because they are farm specific but are registered as trailers anyway and we have 5 real trailers registered in maine so I feel I am good to go. if not I rekon the state of Maryland will try and ass rape me for more tax and registration money. its all about the money in this shit hole state. the state wants to relieve you of your money and your god given rights. fvck md.

67temp

Jun 25, 2009
    Gettysburg, PA
    Is there anything that states the trailer attached to the truck has to be registered to the owner of the truck?

Whats stopping people from borrowing a trailer from a friend?

I think the last time I checked, my maine registered trailer isn't registered to me, but to the company that I signed power of attorney over to.

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    Thanks for the heads up.

If I'm stopped, I'll hand them my DL, vehicle and trailer registration, and insurance info. That's all the cops will get. No explanation of the vehicle use, titling, or my origin or destination.

Give me my ticket and I'll show up in court with a lawyer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom