• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    just got back from boar hunting down in TN this past weekend for the fellow hunter's in here, here's a pic of what i got.

158222.jpg

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    thats awesome! whatd you use? you gotta let us in on the tale of the hunt.

12 ga, remington 11-87 fully rifled barrel, nikon prostaff 3-9x40 scope, and 3 inch buck hammer slugs.

we where about 3/4 way up the mountain saw several hogs moving down in a valley, went to sneak up on them, and he came up behind us with a couple other hogs about 50 ish yards up i looked back saw him and saw he was a shooter told my brother and my buddy to just stop i was gunna take him, turned around waited for a clean broadside shot and took it shot a little high ( was shooting uphill ) and hit a little higher then i wanted to and broke his back and he rolled right down to us slightly pissed off and was finished with a knife. overall we had a great time, everyone shot nice pigs, me and my brother both shot russian boar's, and my buddy shot one that had some ferral hog in it. the slugs did the trick and put about a 5 inch exit wound on him, my brother switched over and is shooting buckhammers as well with the same results.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Wow, that's neat BIG Tatanka! Congratulations! Are they runnin wild or was that on a reserve? What did he weigh out as?

the hogs down there pretty much run wild. and my guess on weight would be around 225 ish lbs, i'm around 350 lbs so i tend to make him look a little smaller. and thanks, I'm happy and he taste great.

Redneck

Ultimate Member
    Jan 29, 2007
    Sparrows Point
    the hogs down there pretty much run wild. and my guess on weight would be around 225 ish lbs, i'm around 350 lbs so i tend to make him look a little smaller. and thanks, I'm happy and he taste great.

Was this a guided hunt that you paid for? If it was who did you go through and how much was it? I was at the Harrisburg Show a few months ago and was really thinking about going on an alligator and hog hunt in Florida. The hunt looks like so much fun and I just want to shoot something different than whitetails and sika

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Was this a guided hunt that you paid for? If it was who did you go through and how much was it? I was at the Harrisburg Show a few months ago and was really thinking about going on an alligator and hog hunt in Florida. The hunt looks like so much fun and I just want to shoot something different than whitetails and sika

yup, got lucky and prob got the best guide down there, they have exotic animales down there as well, but they are like shooting cows in a field, to me not hunting at all, the hogs i think are the only thing worth hunting down there, they give you the most challange. we stayed at the wilderness lodge in montery, TN for everything including tax's and butchering your looking at just under $800 that includes staying at there lodge and food, if you want it mounted it's another $400 and that is shipped to your door. next spring when we have more money we are prob going to go up north and do a spring bear hunt. if you're interested. and it's alot different then whitetail's and we had a blast. our guide only works there part time i have his number if u want to go down there request to have him.

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Sounds like a great time. Congrats on the nice hog.

I'm going to try an do something like that in South Carolina some time soon.

VNVGUNNER

Ultimate Member
    Nov 13, 2006
    Hebron, Md.
    I have never been on a hog hunt, looks like fun, well not for the hog.
    I did kill a water buffalo with a 7.62x51mm years ago.:innocent0

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Thats going to be some good eating.

yes it is, makes great sausage :D

JeepDriver said:
    Sounds like a great time. Congrats on the nice hog.

I'm going to try an do something like that in South Carolina some time soon.

you should we all had a blast. i found a guide that does wild boar/black bear hunts down around TN/ north carolina I'm thinking about next year, or going up north for just black bear, we still haven't decided yet.

VNVGUNNER said:
    I have never been on a hog hunt, looks like fun, well not for the hog.
    I did kill a water buffalo with a 7.62x51mm years ago.

yea, there where a bunch of marines down there hunting water buffalo who had a nice run in with them i heard and had one charge them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom