• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    nope, I've just been smart this year and a little lucky about setting up where the bucks are. My poor brother's been out hunting everyday and has yet to shoot a deer this year. He's only seen does and young bucks. yup, I've been there too, spending everyday after work in the woods. Now it's time to chase some ducks and geese.

Tell your brother I perfectly understand his position... Him and I could start the "Hunt A Lot, Shoot A Little Club" This is year has not been a good start for me. I always have a deer of some kind well before now, but, it just ain't so this year. It's coming though, I have a nice 8 pointer in my sights.

xtreme43s10

Ultimate Member
    Mar 19, 2007
    maryland, in Mont county
    Tell your brother I perfectly understand his position... Him and I could start the "Hunt A Lot, Shoot A Little Club" This is year has not been a good start for me. I always have a deer of some kind well before now, but, it just ain't so this year. It's coming though, I have a nice 8 pointer in my sights.

I think he's trying too hard. and I know he's over hunting his stands. even though he does move around. In all fairness he's trying to help his finance get her first Buck. That's not working to well and he's finally broke down and ask me where to hunt.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I think he's trying too hard. and I know he's over hunting his stands. even though he does move around. In all fairness he's trying to help his finance get her first Buck. That's not working to well and he's finally broke down and ask me where to hunt.

I absolutely agree with this theory. I have 4 stands and several ground blinds at the farm. Even though I might see a dandy buck on a Monday, I might go back Tuesday, but every stand deserves a few days break. You don't rush taking a first buck, you take the opportunity when it presents itself, you can not make it happen, otherwise it would deer shooting, not deer hunting. I have a 12 year nephew who is learning this rule, and today's youth hunt was a good annual reminder of my lessons about not being impatient and it will come, but, it will come only when it is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom