• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    PENSFANINMD

I have never really shot long range myself I only have a DPMS GII Recon (AR-10) with 16in barrel I go out to DELMARVA Sporting clays you can get 100, 200, 300 and 500 yards. I want to see when I'm shooting Friday if I can setup a 400yard target maybe? I also have a chronograph. I Don't think I can hit 1k with my setup I have the Nikon P-308 and the Nikon Base 20MOA. It would be close.

Do you reload?

Good luck Friday! I am going to try really hard to make it to Peacemaker Saturday and watch and meet up with David. I do reload for my Garand, and will be reloading for my RPR 6.5 Creedmore.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    David,
    I am not sure if I can make it Saturday but I definitely will try to rearrange a few things.

pls just EMAIL me by mid day friday or earlier if you can make it saturday. i'll go over all you have to do. i can bring a chrono. if you don't have a solid zero, we can just go back to the main facility and get your 100yd zero and chrono, and you'll at least be able to also shoot at 200 and 300, possibly further depending on what bays/areas are being used.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County
    pls just EMAIL me by mid day friday or earlier if you can make it saturday. i'll go over all you have to do. i can bring a chrono. if you don't have a solid zero, we can just go back to the main facility and get your 100yd zero and chrono, and you'll at least be able to also shoot at 200 and 300, possibly further depending on what bays/areas are being used.

David,
    Roger that....
    Thanks again.
    Jim

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    i've been a member there for a couple of years now. if and when he confirms he can come out, i'd tell him he needs to sign in at hq and then meet me at frontier sometime before the match ends (he cannot shoot the match as it's full and he didn't sign up). after the match, we should be able to chrono and even hit a few targets, normally they don't rush everyone out. if not for some reason, we can go back to the main facility and do that.

i'm on squad one also so see you saturday! maroon-ish f250 supercrew, i'll be the one with a lefty bolt gun in a mpa chassis.

Thanks for the clarification. It’s good to know as I too am trying to encourage a longtime friend to join. I’ll be driving a dark grey Ford Explorer with MDS shield sticker on the liftgate.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    David,

Roger that....

Thanks again.

Jim

Jim if you are interested in a used Chronograph I have a Magnetospeed that I had listed in the classifieds a while back for $100. It is only 6 months old and it worked well on my 6.5cm, but a friend and I split the cost of a Lab Radar unit so I don’t use it any longer.

If you are interested I’ll sell it for $75. Thats basically 1/2 price. Just let me know and if you do make it Saturday I can bring it along.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Good Luck fella's just got my data book in the mail all setup for Friday I hope I get my Kestrel before I leave tomorrow.

Funny, I’m designing my own pages and printing them out right now.

8949ca7fb21b580701bdd96bf770a408.jpg

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD
    Jim if you are interested in a used Chronograph I have a Magnetospeed that I had listed in the classifieds a while back for $100. It is only 6 months old and it worked well on my 6.5cm, but a friend and I split the cost of a Lab Radar unit so I don’t use it any longer.

If you are interested I’ll sell it for $75. Thats basically 1/2 price. Just let me know and if you do make it Saturday I can bring it along.

If he isn't interested I would be.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    I got mine from Impact Databooks it was like 70.00 it's pretty awesome you can select all the pages that you want and for the targets that you shoot. I ordered it Saturday and got it today the company is in VA and they have phenomenal customer service in my experience with them so far.

Pensfaninmd

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 28, 2010
    Harford County

Sold.... I can PayPal you and pick it up Saturday or bring cash.
    Let me know and thanks!!

Slayer2c

Oct 14, 2011
    Bear, De
    Hey all I just wanted to post this where maybe some of the guys I shot with this weekend might see it. I shot The LRC at PeaceMaker on Saturday the 24th in squad 1. I wanted to drop a huge thank you to all the guys in my squad for making my first event an absolutely fantastic experience! For anyone considering going to one of these events don't hesitate too. The guys in my squad were the most helpful group of people I have ever met. From calling my misses to get me on target, to straight offering us the use of their gear so we didn't have to fight ours. The day started with two gentlemen even setting up my kestrel and another giving me a class on using it. People genuinely offered congratulations with each success and offered non condescending suggestions with failures.

David
    Tyler
    Craig
    Carlton
    Joey
    Ryan
    Stephen
    Eric
    Ian
    William
    William
    John
    William
    Nicholas

Thank you for making my first outing definitely one in many to come. See you all on the line!!

Last edited:

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Hey all I just wanted to post this where maybe some of the guys I shot with this weekend might see it. I shot The LRC at PeaceMaker on Saturday the 24th in squad 1. I wanted to drop a huge thank you to all the guys in my squad for making my first event an absolutely fantastic experience!

Thank you for making my first outing definitely one in many to come. See you all on the line!!

This past weekend was my first time too. I was a little intimidated competing for the first time but any apprehension was gone immediately. Everyone was very helpful. I was on squad one as well shooting second to last in the first group. The guy to my right was also there for the first time. We were sharing holdover info and wind calls all day.

It was cool to meet Davsco there too.

I really shocked myself and did much better than I thought I would. I’ll thank Ed Shell and CVT for that, without attending his classes last year I dont think I would have done as well.

I’m going to sign up again.

7b94af5cef58e7be83da44ae01759f9d.jpg

I would ask if you could edit your post to remove real names. Never know who could use that info nefariously.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    epic mud, but a fun LRC match. tool, you shot awesome, cleaned the first three stages! i woke up with a sore neck sunday so know i wasn't set up properly at the match, and my shooting sucked. last match i cleaned the first stage and saturday i threw a bunch of misses. i'm switching from 140 to 147 hornady eldm so yesterday went back to peacemaker and zeroed for that and put 6 of 7 into one ragged hole so know the gun shoots, just up to me as always. looking forward to the upcoming PRS match there Apr 14, i'm in squad one if anyone wants to join.

Slayer2c

Oct 14, 2011
    Bear, De
    This past weekend was my first time too. I was a little intimidated competing for the first time but any apprehension was gone immediately. Everyone was very helpful. I was on squad one as well shooting second to last in the first group. The guy to my right was also there for the first time. We were sharing holdover info and wind calls all day.

It was cool to meet Davsco there too.

I really shocked myself and did much better than I thought I would. I’ll thank Ed Shell and CVT for that, without attending his classes last year I dont think I would have done as well.

I’m going to sign up again.

7b94af5cef58e7be83da44ae01759f9d.jpg

I would ask if you could edit your post to remove real names. Never know who could use that info nefariously.

Edited!!!
    You were in the first group!!! You guys were amazing to watch. One stage it was nothing but 5 guys smacking first round hits. The guy spotting sounded bored with calling impacts!!! I was the last guy in the second group, you know the guys using Walmart camping mats :)

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Edited!!!

You were in the first group!!! You guys were amazing to watch. One stage it was nothing but 5 guys smacking first round hits. The guy spotting sounded bored with calling impacts!!! I was the last guy in the second group, you know the guys using Walmart camping mats :)

I remember you. I was the guy that was admiring you sweet S&B optic. That was a nice rig you were shooting there. There is a thread to post pics of .308’s and AR-10’s. Drop a pic here I want to see that thing again. https://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=153669. I’ll have to put the waterproof case on my phone to protect from my drool.

deerassassin22

Apr 12, 2016
    Littlestown, PA
    When is the next practice/shoot?

I managed to do this at 500 impressed myself first time shooting that far. This was laying in the prone.

Attachments

• 500yards.jpg
      500yards.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 150

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    When is the next practice/shoot?

I managed to do this at 500 impressed myself first time shooting that far. This was laying in the prone.

Nice Group at 500yds Assuming those dings in the plate are about 1/2” dia I would say you are under 1 MOA.

Next Frontier Sunday is June 17th.

http://peacemakernational.com/frontiersunday

However, if you are hitting 1 MOA at 100yds just sign up for the regular match. It’s very friendly and low key. No pressure what so ever.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bbradshaw21

Jun 14, 2016
    Pikesville
    First time shooting at Peacemaker was yesterday in their Lapua Practical Rimfire Challenge series. Had a blast. Realized I have A LOT to learn and work on but had some big time competitors who were VERY gracious in helping me out with pointers and gear.

The facility is AMAZING. Its a shame that it is long a drive from Baltimore as it is or I would get on their wait list without hesitation.

Thanks to the staff for putting on such a great match!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom