• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaybee

Ultimate Member
    If you don't want to make holes in walls/ roofs , larger cal pistol shot shells are exponentially better.

Yes, I shot enough rats inside of stalls to have a meaningful first hand opinion. The solution starts with a " 4 " . Rimfire shotshells get ignored by the shootee's .

well now - I do like a 410 slug or birdshot

:thumbsup:

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Yes , you have found the Judge's true niche - Shooting rats within 10 feet, decisively.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    when in doubt - don't - not worth messing up a valuable gun

no reason to shoot bird shot, so don't - end of discussion - problem resolved

you're welcome

:):innocent0:thumbsup::thumbsup:

22lr bird shot sucks IMHO

From a 22LR, That is my immediate take as well.
    Get a cheap 410. Unless there was some dire life saving reason to fire shot through a 22LR rifled barrel, it would never cross my mind.

What's next, what grade Emory paper to pull on a cleaning rod?

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Rimfire shotshells ( and pistol cal shotshella ) reason d' etre is to be able to shoot inside barn or similar structure without putting holes in roof, or doi ng serious damage to walls .

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    oYY6gXl.jpg

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    From a 22LR, That is my immediate take as well.
    Get a cheap 410. Unless there was some dire life saving reason to fire shot through a 22LR rifled barrel, it would never cross my mind.

What's next, what grade Emory paper to pull on a cleaning rod?

OH
    MY
    GAWD

On a gun website, Talking about which ammo to shoot in a particular gun ?
    What the hell was I thinking ??????

Where will the madness end ?
    Next thing you know people will be talking about hurricanes and Legos :rolleyes:

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Maybe it is for the best that you don't shoot 22LR shot pellet rounds out of a 22LR rifle. I mean seriously man, that thing is going to kick harder than a 12 gauge shotgun with magnum slugs in it. The recoil will knock you flat on your ass!

If you want I'll hold your beer and film it for posterity, when you shoot it. For research purposes, yea... But I'll post it on YouTube so it goes viral.

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Maybe it is for the best that you don't shoot 22LR shot pellet rounds out of a 22LR rifle. I mean seriously man, that thing is going to kick harder than a 12 gauge shotgun with magnum slugs in it. The recoil will knock you flat on your ass!

If you want I'll hold your beer and film it for posterity, when you shoot it. For research purposes, yea... But I'll post it on YouTube so it goes viral.

Good points. You're probably right, I would be wise to not even attempt shooting it. I did count 140 pellets in the magnum round which is A LOT of lead to be sending down range. Think I'm gonna chance it though.

I'll have a buddy with me to stand behind me so I can brace against him, my kevlar vest on in case of a catastrophic malfunction like zzzzman warned against, and the emergency room charge nurse on speed dial with instructions to call officer Payne in case a blood sample is needed.

I think I'm good to go !

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Good points. You're probably right, I would be wise to not even attempt shooting it. I did count 140 pellets in the magnum round which is A LOT of lead to be sending down range. Think I'm gonna chance it though.

I'll have a buddy with me to stand behind me so I can brace against him, my kevlar vest on in case of a catastrophic malfunction like zzzzman warned against, and the emergency room charge nurse on speed dial with instructions to call officer Payne in case a blood sample is needed.

I think I'm good to go !
    Still want me to hold your beer when you say "Watch this!"? :D

Czechnologist

Concerned Citizen
    Mar 9, 2016
    I mean seriously man, that thing is going to kick harder than a 12 gauge shotgun with magnum slugs in it. The recoil will knock you flat on your ass!

I think I'm good to go !

:lol2:

AlanInSilverSpring

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 25, 2017
    Went to the range today. Video is 9 shots of the 22lr at 10 feet. Pic is the total devastation of the target after an additional 9 rounds with the magnum shells. Bigfoot may be right. Without a specific need I doubt I'll be shooting much of this. Didn't even load up the rifle. For plinking I think I'd rather shoot my pump bb gun or break barrel pellet gun.

Attachments

• shotshell9&9.jpg
      shotshell9&9.jpg
      75.7 KB · Views: 73

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    Major shaker of salt with the concept of "total devastation " .

That was 9 shots cumulative. Each round's pattern is way splotchier, with gaps . A target the size of snake's head, or the vital zone on a rat would expect to recieve1-5 pellets .

.22WMR , the pellets would probably penetrate one side of empty alum soda can, but not both.

Cool video, keep them coming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom