• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Laws that allow asset forfeiture are built of possession of contraband or otherwise illegal activity. In this case, the guns would be legally owned and the only an "i gotta bad feelz" will be needed.

I see where there are parallels, but I don't think it's the same.

It's designed to have legal gun owners living in fear.

Fear of crazy ex-wives/girlfriends. Fear of the most minor of confrontations. Fear of Liberal/nutter co-workers. Fear of folks hell bent on revenge. Fear of filling out doctor or dentist paperwork. It's a huge Big-Brother skull f--king.

It's fraught with pitfalls and open to wide spread abuse. Again, written that way. Some gun owners may feel the need to sell their collection before they receive that ominous knock on the door. Other would-be gun owners may never make that first purchase.

If signed and made law, it will surly land at SCOTUS.

motorcoachdoug

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    so then the state house and senate members just opened themselves as well. Someone can go and file a complaint against a state rep saying they might harm or kill others and lets get their guns taken away.. they could come back and bit them in the a$$ otherwise oregon just opened themselves up for a large payout of $$$ this bill. Take it before a oregon district court and if the judge is a non liberal haha around portland they are all over the place but east like Bend,Pendleton,La Grande and Baker City,Oregon they could rule against the state...

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    so then the state house and senate members just opened themselves as well. Someone can go and file a complaint against a state rep saying they might harm or kill others and lets get their guns taken away.. they could come back and bit them in the a$$ otherwise oregon just opened themselves up for a large payout of $$$ this bill. Take it before a oregon district court and if the judge is a non liberal haha around portland they are all over the place but east like Bend,Pendleton,La Grande and Baker City,Oregon they could rule against the state...

You can bet your bottom dollar this will not apply to anyone in power in Oregon.

Peasants Only!

PS: Oregonians should have their gun collection appraised and documented. Ammo too. Post haste. Just in case they need to collect money from the state. And a lot of folks will do a cost/benefit analysis. To determine whether the fight is worth it. The fight may cost more than the guns are worth. Oregon is betting this will take place too. They covered all angles.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I would like at least the SAF would file suit in Federal court. Yea the 9th circuit, but could hold some value of a legal stay.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    The really bad part about giving them the bullets first/ammo box is that innocent police officers will be in front of those bullets. Hopefully, many of them will refuse to carry out any unconstitutional gun grabbing orders.

And since the Oregon legislature felt the need to pass this law, they themselves should don tactical gear and go house to house demanding the firearms.

Let them eat lead.

To add insult to injury, these will be no-knock entries for the safety of the officers.

What could possibly go wrong?

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    Theoretically, a law enforcement officer could be the target of such an accusation and his or her career would be on ice.

Happens all the time already.

Getting a divorce? Have an ex-GF who's nuts? They just call up and claim the officer is suicidal, threatened them, brandished, got drunk while carrying, etc, etc. Instant desk duty while the department has to investigate.

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    "Their only option will be to" fight back!

Bullet box option.....

Under the bill, any person would be allowed to file a petition with the court for an “extreme risk protection order” against anyone else they happen to be related to, or living with. A hearing would occur within one day of the petition being filed.

^^^^^This! Difficult to fight against close family, friends you have known for years. Maybe time to "hide" your arms is a 'safe' place only Y know about.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Got that right ! Can you imagine door to door confiscation ? Seems to far out there ....

Do you how many times in my 56 years I've heard that when it pertains to firearms?

When you think the stupid has to stop, it just builds up for little while, until it overflows the boundaries of common sense and continues to flow.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Oregon is just as wacky as California. Probably from the Californians who moved there to escape from the cesspool they themselves created.

Look at their two senators, Wyden and Merkel. Looney tunes.

Dead center, James! My Sister in Law and husband #1 (she's living with #3 presently) made their way from CA to Yakima, WA 25-30 years ago.

He represented himself as an ordained Presby preacher man, and we later learned that he had a record; eventually they divorced and both remained in the Yakima area. I never met that turd and would silence him if I ever did cross trails.

She's a confirmed Jesus Freak (one who uses god as a crutch instead of taking responsibility for their misdeeds and resolving them themselves) and she is totally incompetent as a money manager and was left out of her own brothers substantial will...he died unexpectedly about 4 months ago.

Those two are indicative of what gets loose and makes its way up the Pacific coastline...they tarnish everything in their path.

Lew-Ranger63

pcfixer

Ultimate Member
    May 24, 2009
    Marylandstan
    I wonder what they would do if the word "gun" was replaced with "dog". The state can take your dog without due process if anybody alleges you aren't nice to it. I bet the citizens would freak the F out.

Or, motorcycle, car, house, cell phone and the list goes on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    adamc904

Latest threads

Top Bottom