• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • uncfolife

Mar 3, 2017
    Fort Washington, MD
    PSA's PSA-308 for $699? Screaming deal on an AR-10. I've been thinking about getting a lower and starting to build one, but even with the best deals I can find on parts I don't think I can build one sans optics for less than $800.

I placed the order with PSA. A few days latter I received an email from them from the compliance department. I was told that they don't ship complete rifles to MD. Damn that sucks!

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I placed the order with PSA. A few days latter I received an email from them from the compliance department. I was told that they don't ship complete rifles to MD. Damn that sucks!

This has been a problem for some time. They won't listen to reason either. That's why many here won't buy anything from them.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Why not buy something used? Most folks will ship a rifle to Maryland. I just bought a modified PSA AR308 from an individual. I paid $600 for it, I think. Have it shipped to one of our IP vendors on the forum and come in, fill out 1 form and walk out with it that same day (presuming you don't get a delay).

Go to Gunbroker or look on other forums. People are selling them every day.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    If there would happen to be a future parts failure of some kind with Classic's C308 rifle, generally speaking, are spare parts for this firearm easy to get? Would the parts be reasonable in cost?
    Thanks!

md_al

Apr 25, 2014
    Middle River

Try Jlowe. John was able to bring in a AR15 pistol lower for me and he had some AR9 lowers a while back. I would have picked up the extra unit if the wife was not around. :innocent0 Always something to see a Jlowe's with prices that are hard to beat (Think $499 WW AR-15 last Memorial weekend).

Blue Fins brought me in a AR9 pistol lower when I got the same reply from PSA.

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    If there would happen to be a future parts failure of some kind with Classic's C308 rifle, generally speaking, are spare parts for this firearm easy to get? Would the parts be reasonable in cost?
    Thanks!

The bolt parts and a bunch of other parts are original Cetme parts. If something were to break they should be easy enough to find. I bought a Cetme parts kit incase that were to happen. PTR actually puts these together for Century and does the warranty work on them.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    Try Jlowe. John was able to bring in a AR15 pistol lower for me and he had some AR9 lowers a while back. I would have picked up the extra unit if the wife was not around. :innocent0 Always something to see a Jlowe's with prices that are hard to beat (Think $499 WW AR-15 last Memorial weekend).

Blue Fins brought me in a AR9 pistol lower when I got the same reply from PSA.

Yeah those $500 Windhams were bananas. Amazing deal!

jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County

I can bring in most anything from PSA for you. You just need to place the order with me and I will take care of it.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007

I sent PSA an email and got back a response this morning. Doesn't make sense to me but here it is.

Good Morning

I apologize for the inconvenience. Our restrictions are recommended by our legal team and passed to our compliance and customer service to insure they are followed,. Unfortunately we do not get further information as to why a restriction has been put in place. However there are a couple ways for you to receive a PSA firearm. The PSA restictions for Maryland are as follows.

10 round magazine limit
    no handguns not on MD handgun roster
    no threaded barrels
    no complete AR lowers
    no complete AR/ AK style firearms

You can either purchase the stripped lower and build the rifle., or you can contact your FFL and have them order the rifle (they are exempt as an FFL) and then you can purchase the firearm directly from you. Again I apologize for the inconvenience but I hope you are able to get the firearm you wish using the available options I have mentioned in this email.

Thank you for choosing Palmetto State Armory.

Best Regards,
    Dave
    Palmetto State Armory Customer Service
    (803) 724-6950
    Customer.Service@palmettostatearmory.com

So what they are saying is that you can't buy one and have it shipped to your FFL, but your FFL can order it for you and they will ship it to Maryland.

I guess their lawyers graduated from the ACME Law School.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Think I'm ready to pull the trigger on one of these. Black Market Arms the place to buy from?

And the rebate should be fine as long as I buy beforel Aug 1, correct?

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    Thanks!

FFL out of state so I don't think it should be an issue. Will verify regardless.

Then you will be responsible for any legal action if it is determined the banned list of firearms is correct. Remember, this firearm is listed by manufacturer's name and model number on the list of banned firearms. My usual FFL will not transfer them. From this thread, it would appear that most FFL dealers won't transfer them.

Caveat Emptor.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine
    My friend Fuk Yoo M.D. just Told me the C308 deal is back :(

Attachments

• IMG_8811.jpg
      IMG_8811.jpg
      56.8 KB · Views: 130

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I guess consensus is these are a no go then? That is extremely unfortunate. I'm withholding stronger words...

At that price, I'm tempted to buy my cousin one as a gift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    I was hoping that someone from Duffy's would explain how they have sold them in the past. I think I remember someone saying that Blue Fin also has sold them in the past. If neither of these 2 dealers have sold them, I apologize.

All I'm asking is someone (ffl dealer) explain how these are legal to be sold.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom