• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BenChem

Jul 6, 2010
    Baltimore
    Hey everybody,

This is the announcement for the August TCSC 3 Gun match, held 8/21.

We'll be using 3 Gun Nation club series rules this match, with the following exceptions:
    -No reholstering on the clock for safety reasons
    -Reduced size paper targets, because it's fun

Plan on approx 75 rounds rifle, 50 pistol, 50 shotgun (birdshot only).
    No slings or slugs required for this match.

Showup time is 9am for registration, followed by safety brief. Shooting starts at 10. Setup will be held at 2 pm Saturday August 20th, and setup crew shoots for free the following day. Match fee is $20 for all other shooters.

Register Here

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    Thank you for posting this info. Very interested in shoot this match. Just need to check in at home before registering. Look forward to meeting you Ben

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well I registered. Have not shot a 3-gun match since about 2014 but figured these would be lower physical impact than the events at PNTC. We shall see. Will have to get my LW 3-gun AR sighted in finally.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    New shooters welcome? I've never done Three Gun but I'd like to try. Just don't know what I would need to give this a try. I have several ARs, a Remington 870 and several .45ACP semi-auto pistols to choose from. I do have good holsters for the pistols and mag carriers for them.

If someone isn't going to laugh at someone missing and finishing bottom of the list, I'd give it a shot for the entertainment and stress relief value.

Matt

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    New shooters welcome? I've never done Three Gun but I'd like to try. Just don't know what I would need to give this a try. I have several ARs, a Remington 870 and several .45ACP semi-auto pistols to choose from. I do have good holsters for the pistols and mag carriers for them.

If someone isn't going to laugh at someone missing and finishing bottom of the list, I'd give it a shot for the entertainment and stress relief value.

Matt

go, have fun and don't worry about where you land on the totem pole, just so long as you don't get DQ'ed. ben runs a good match, and when time allows, i will be back for more.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    Do you need to log in at Practiscore to squad? Didn't see squadding options.

You log in to register for the match, after the MD approves you, and you get an e-mail, that e-mail links to your practiscore page, click on the squad you want, select it with the button at the bottom, then you are good.

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    You log in to register for the match, after the MD approves you, and you get an e-mail, that e-mail links to your practiscore page, click on the squad you want, select it with the button at the bottom, then you are good.

OK thanks for the info I'll have to email BenChem to check as he sent me an email after I registered but it did not have a squad link.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    OK thanks for the info I'll have to email BenChem to check as he sent me an email after I registered but it did not have a squad link.

You get an e-mail like this
    Your registration has been approved. You may now self-squad.
    Please save this email as your personal match management link is below.
    You can pay, squad and edit your registration info on this page.

Click here to view your personal match management page.
    Thank You,
    Thurmont Conservation and Sportsmans Club 3 Gun

click the link, squads are in blue, click on the white dot next to the squad you want, green "select squad" at the bottom locks it in.

jonnyl

Ultimate Member
    Sep 23, 2009
    Frederick

Matt

My experience being a new IDPA shooter at Thurmont has been great. Everyone is super helpful and understanding. Don't let being new give you a second of hesitation.

This will be my first 3 gun, so I'll join you at the bottom of the standings!

My goals in order are:
    • Safety
    • Education
    • Fun
    • Accuracy
    • Speed

OK, maybe fun is second:)

Jackson923

Hell Yeah!
    Jan 25, 2008
    Harford Co
    You get an e-mail like this

click the link, squads are in blue, click on the white dot next to the squad you want, green "select squad" at the bottom locks it in.

mpickering, email me at 3gunattcsc@gmail.com and we can discuss gear, requirements, safety, etc

jackson923, all shooters have been approved so far, check your spam folder for a practiscore email with a squadding link

Thanks for the info.

Viper21773

Jan 17, 2009
    Hagerstown
    I normally assist with the match set-up, but won't be in town Saturday. If you can assist with set-up I know Ben will appreciate it as it takes a lot to set-up a 3-Gun match.

Victor

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Well I had to bow out this month. Once I got a look at the condition of all my 3-gun gear I found I had too much to do before this weekends event. Will try next month.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I'm getting back into 3gun and gearing up to show you all how it's done in Oct :). I need a bolt, charging handle and aiming device. To reduce expense in the short-term, will borrowing the red dot from another rifle be enough for TCSC? What's everyone else using? I have a 1x4 from before.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom