• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    This is absolutely the best thread that I have read in all of the years of being an MDS member. I am only writing just so I won’t ever lose this thread for when I need a good laugh. The OP got pimp slapped multiple times!!!

aklax11

Jan 8, 2015
    Lol. I had opposite a few times with usps. Used to have same guy for couple years. He would call me to let me know he was close and I would meet at another mailbox group to get my secret uppers so my wife would not know. Alas, she figured out and was fine with it- I mean tolerated it :)

That’s a good connection!

Overwatch326

Aug 13, 2016
    Good job, OP; you've just ensured Joe Bob's will continue to be in business for a while to come, a blessing in these uncertain times. :P I'm already looking forward to my next purchase with them!

Arcamm

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    I'd say Monday before supper time. :lol2:

Dagnabit Joe Bob! You said it'd be here fore supper, but it got here fore lunch!

I had to change my whole day!

IMG_6306s.JPG

Oldcarjunkie

R.I.P
    Jan 8, 2009
    A.A county
    Since you have called us out publicly and cast my business in a very negative light I feel like I should be more candid and transparent than I typically am with customer interactions. I personally disagree with the way you have characterized my business and my employees' conduct of which I'll summarize below.

We didn't cancel your account because of OUR error. We cancelled your account because of your conduct and how you treated my employees. We very rarely cancel accounts but my employees do have the latitude to cancel accounts if they feel a customer is not acting in a normal polite manner. The circumstances did not warrant your attitude and hostility towards employees or incessant contacts with my employees. You were over the top, to put it politely. You continue even until this day, apparently, to blame us for an error that did not fall on us.

Claim #1: "I placed an order with my correct address. They screwed it up by adding a unit number to my address when there is no unit #. I don't live in an apartment, the address is the address. "

Answer #1: You did correctly type in your address. However, we didn't screw anything up. We didn't add or subtract anything from your address. Our web-cart pushes data into our shipping software via API with 0 manual intervention. Your address was perfectly fine on the address label. The issue lies with an error on Fedex's end. A driver either accidentally or intentionally stated that the package could not be delivered due to missing a suite or apartment number. That type of situation is completely outside of the sender or receiver's purview. We called Fedex the next morning and the package was delivered later that morning. There was nothing wrong with the label on the package or anything within our control.

Unfortunately this type of situation is normally chalked up to 'stuff happens' vs a big blown up ordeal and forum posts and BBB threats and the whole shebang. Most people would let us know about the issue and let us handle it. Most people would give a professional courtesy and a little time so a business could address a problem. Most people would be understanding about a minor mishap. You are not most people, apparently.

Normally in these types of situation we would call Fedex to see what was going on for sure and the issue would work itself out within a day or so. This type of situation did not warrant at LEAST (2) calls, (1) chat, and (1) email all within the span of 30 minutes demanding that we contact Fedex immediately along with added insults to my employees, threats to our business, etc.

See screenshots below showing tracking info and the address as it appeared on your label with only (1) line of text and no suite or appt number:

Claim #2: "I spent a ton of money on Joe Bobs site, get the run around on shipment, then they cancel my account for their mistake?"

Answer #2: You have placed (1) $200 order with us in 2015 and (1) $400 order in 2020. While we appreciate the business, unfortunately, we do have to draw the line on customer behavior somewhere. You had far exceeded that line and unfortunately we did cancel your account. We didn't cancel your account because of a mistake that Fedex made. We made that call based on your behavior.

Claim #3 : They are admittedly understaffed (this was before the virus), with nasty rude employees from top to bottom these days.

Answer #3: We are properly staffed to ship out THOUSANDS of orders a week to THOUSANDS of customers and address most problems within 1 business day. That does not mean, however, that we have enough labor that at any given time we can drop everything that we are doing to call Fedex to inquire about a package issue. That is typically done at the end of the day as things wind down. It is incredibly unreasonable to expect a business to drop everything they are doing to look into an issue for you. Sometimes things take time and unfortunately we have a lot of customers and employees to take care of.

In this particular case I was personally away at SHOT Show in Vegas so we we had less labor floating around than normal. Needless to say, I put in a lot of time and energy into the business so when I'm gone people do have to cover down in my absence. Hence, there would rarely be excess labor on a day when I'm out of town.

I'm not sure how else to phrase this but...you were particularly needy about this issue which caused even more bottlenecks. Sometimes the squeaky wheel causes more problems vs gets taken care of ahead of everyone else politely waiting on the sidelines, unfortunately.

I'll reiterate: You called, emailed, and chatted numerous times all within a 30 minute span demanding my employees stop everything they were doing to call Fedex for your particular concern. (5) contacts with us within 30 minutes is extremely excessive. The attitude and profanity also were excessive.

The chat transcript from 1/22/2020 is below:

Insulting the employee, who is trying to do his job and help customers like yourself, is likely not the best course of action. Threatening BBB action because an employee hasn't called Fedex within 10 minutes (literally) about a delayed package is probably not the best course of action. From our notes on our end it doesn't like you were very friendly and pleasant on the phone, either.

You then sent an email within 30 minutes of your chat:

Your chat transcript from earlier today is below:

Ahh, yes. Cursing at and insulting employees is probably not the best course of action. In your chat you admitted to calling the last employee you spoke to, Tyler, a prick. Again, that type of colorful language is probably not the most appropriate in this situation.

TLDR: You were being overbearing, rude, and impatient over an issue that was outside of both of our controls. You cursed at employees. You insulted employees. You threatened our business. Then you made this post. I think you made a mountain out of a mole hill, dude, and you may need to chill a little. You should probably sit back and just let things happen like normal vs trying to rudely shove your wishes down someone's throat. Very minor issues like this are not something to flip your lid over. This post likely says more about your own personality and conflict resolution skills than it does my business.

Unfortunately, due to all of the above, we did cancel your account and we stand by that decision. I didn't make that decision but I would have been more frank with you than my employees were able to had I been around. If we had to deal with stuff like this with every customer interaction I wouldn't be able to retain a single employee. I'm forced to spend 30 minutes typing out this diatribe instead of spending time with my wife and 10 month old daughter, unfortunately. To those who are reading this: I apologize for the giant wall of text I just wrote and pasted

:lol::lol::lol:

Thats ****ing great and AJRB, Im sorry but acting like a douche will def get you a smart reply, in this case a very little one if at all.. If you havant already apologized in the previous pages , you might want to do so cause everyone here is gonna see this and see what kind of a ass you made of yourself. You might be better just leaving the group/ making a new user name like others have done in similar cases :lol2:
    Thanks for a great read boys . :party29:

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    just placed my first order through joe bobs. picked up a few strike industries dust covers and a VG6 9mm gamma brake :)

I expect this order here tomorrow and with a free t shirt in the package !!!!

calicojack

American Sporting Rifle
    MDS Supporter
    May 29, 2018
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    like Joe Bob (and the man behind it). I had a question for him and I got a very thorough and thoughtful response. The guy has great prices and efficient shipping and handling. He provides discounts to LE and Military. Joe Bob still gets my business.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Darn it, JoeBob.

Ordered something on Saturday night and couldn't get home in time on Wednesday to get the package before the wife intercepted it.

If y'all keep shipping this fast, I gonna have to add more weight so it slows the delivery man down.

But sincerely, much appreciation for fast order fulfillment and delivery.

Dalebert

Apr 15, 2020
    Baltimore County
    Gotta Rant

Sorry, just like everybody else, had to add to the rant. I just learned of the existence of JBO since I started here on MDS, so I haven't had a chance to order, but I did order from BassPro (had gift cards) on March 2nd and when I called to complain about the fact that FedEx said they delivered when they actually didn't (yes, that's right, FedEx wasn't just lazy, they actually lied), they immediately sent out a replacement FA Tumbler. I had everything ready to go...even got the security camera footage of each entryway and the driveway showing that no FedEx truck had even been in the area...and they didn't even want anything like that...just believed me and reshipped...I guess they've worked with FedEx before too.

Anyway, even though I haven't yet ordered from JBO, I do have two legitimate complaints: 1) they use FedEx for shipping and 2) the t-shirts don't come in tall sizes.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    I once told a client to take a 250,000.00 job and stick it , he put down my family and our business ... Once they go low I kick um in the balls .Not about money , about respect . You show it and you get it .

The IP did a great job and does not have to stand for BS

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    I know JoeBob. Have met him IRL. Nice guy. Just speaking for myself I would sure order from his company without worrying.

Jimboh

Jan 1, 2020
    Centreville
    Spent about $300 at JB’s over the last few weeks and I am more than happy. This post piqued my interest, & my first purchase will influence many more.

frogman68

товарищ плачевная
    Apr 7, 2013
    Ok I got a complaint

Can you ensure you dont send the emails between 6 am and 6 pm ??

Of course the wife walks into my home office when it comes in and asks what I am buying her SMH

Sundancer

Feb 2, 2013
    Harford County
    I had a great experience with a couple of orders from here recently - faster shipping than everyone else and the prices were good and pretty darn good availability. Becoming a go-to for parts/accessories.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    Oh, a few weeks ago I ordered a new AR barrel (not from Joe Bobs though) , then realized a few days later that I needed some additional parts to complete the build plus some additional other nick nacks.
    Joe bob order came in before the barrel and then I was feeling more anxious about getting in the barrel. Thanks Joe Bob for shipping so fast and making me feel anxious. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom