• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TexDefender

Ultimate Member
    Feb 28, 2017
    I always love that line "if it saves only one life". It so dramatic, so heart string pulling. Right up to the point when you use it against them, say in the immigration issue. Just like the a 16 years old should be able to vote, they are morally and mentally responsible. Right up to point when it comes to buying a long arm. When it just the opposite.

jc1240

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 18, 2013
    Westminster, MD
    Based on the mismatched cartridges in just about every BPD "we got a gun; don't bother asking about the criminal" posts on FB, I don't think the criminals are buying even a single box.

But then again, we know it isn't about crime.

Occam

Not Even ONE Indictment
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 24, 2018
    Montgomery County
    I always love that line "if it saves only one life". It so dramatic, so heart string pulling. Right up to the point when you use it against them, say in the immigration issue. Just like the a 16 years old should be able to vote, they are morally and mentally responsible. Right up to point when it comes to buying a long arm. When it just the opposite.

You don't even have to stray from the firearm issue to turn this around on them. The CDC's own study says that people use firearms to defend their own lives and the lives of others hundreds of thousands of times a year in the US. So if they're interested in saving "just one life," they don't have to look an inch past gun ownership to see that it saves lives in numbers well in excess of the number that criminals (who happen to use guns, sometimes) take.

If it saves "just one life" to shut down any attempts at preventing people from owning guns, isn't it worth it, you gun grabbers? No? Then shut up with that phrase yourselves, you hypocritical morons.

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I always love that line "if it saves only one life".

yeah zero craps given about drunk and distracted driving death and damage, look at all the innocent lives lost there. somehow it is only deaths via firearms that matter, the rest they can live with.

ComeGet

Ultimate Member
    Sep 1, 2015
    Nothing new, the Dems have been talking about this for a while.

Yeah, but it will definitely pass the House, and with this crop of Republicans in the Senate, I'm not counting my chickens. And "take the guns and do due process later" Trump?

Well, I'm not all warmfuzzy here.

rseymorejr

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2011
    Harford County
    The same people screeching "If it saves just one life..." are the very ones salivating at the idea of snuffing out the lives of unborn babies.

Strange, isn't it?

RepublicOfFranklin

Ultimate Member
    Mar 16, 2018
    The ‘Dena - DPRM
    Yeah, but it will definitely pass the House, and with this crop of Republicans in the Senate, I'm not counting my chickens. And "take the guns and do due process later" Trump?

Well, I'm not all warmfuzzy here.

I hear that. Getting pretty concerned about what all of this is gonna bring down the pipe. Romney has no spine and Trump has shown he’s willing to go full NYC Dem if you tug on the heartstrings enough.

I’m hoping with next year being an election year the senate will hang tough but who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cbrem

Jan 2, 2017
    Carroll County

" if it saves only one life" is BS. By that logic we would ban everything. Starting with vehicles. How many lives would be saved if there were no cars on the road and everyone had to walk. I say walk because even a bicycle would save lives if they were banned.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom