• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I'm short on time at the moment, otherwise I'd transcribe it. I paraphrased him in the MSP head thread

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    As another MDS member put it so succinctly, he uses the word "own". Danced right past CCW, and the comments were not optimistic to me. He was busy highlighting excuses.

His "excuses" are the goddamn law that he and the other agents in his administration MUST enforce.

Chriss

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    He weaseled....."we are sworn to uphold the law....need to keep guns from criminals... we support the 2A unlike the previous administration...hopefully make it easier for lawful citizens to own a weapon".....no direct answer to CCW....did I get it all?

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    He weaseled....."we are sworn to uphold the law....need to keep guns from criminals... we support the 2A unlike the previous administration...hopefully make it easier for lawful citizens to own a weapon".....no direct answer to CCW....did I get it all?

That's it in a nutshell.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Read between the lines. Go back to the new MSP head thread if you need to.

For the seventeen billionth time, G&S is the law, but not defined.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    His "excuses" are the goddamn law that he and the other agents in his administration MUST enforce.

:lol: Ok, Ok , you miss the point. That type of rhetoric is common when politicians find there is no issue, or they can't or don't want to do anything concerning it. That's my experience, your mileage may vary. He was very careful to pick out the word "own" as another mds member has noticed.

Last edited:

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    I couldn't open the pod cast. What did he say, basically?

Question: Do you expect that there will be a shif in CCW policy under your administration?

Hogan: We've both, I as Govenor and the Super of MSP, taken an oath to uphold the laws of MD so we've got to uphold the laws that are on the books and we intend to do that, but both of us are supporters of the 2nd ammendment which wasn't the case with the previous govenor or super of MSP. We're going to do everything we can to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill, but we're going to make it less burdensom MAYBE for the law abiding citizens to lawfully OWN weapons.

The question was about CCW, directly. He dodged it, completly.

JRoCc

MDS Supporter
    Jun 2, 2010
    Earth
    " but we're gonna make it less burdensome maybe for law abiding citizens to be able to lawfully own weapons."

uh maybe?

At least he didn't say he was an avid hunter who believes in the 2nd Amendment.

I like how he called out the previous administration for not being 2A friendly but never answered the question on the carry aspect of it.

Ole Larry's walking through a minefield.

Keystone70

MSI Executive Member
    Apr 14, 2012
    HoCo
    Read between the lines. Go back to the new MSP head thread if you need to.

For the seventeen billionth time, G&S is the law, but not defined.

Correct. Was he choosing his words carefully in an open forum? Time will tell. If he tells the MSP to consider Self Defense as G&S at some time, I'm sure it won't be in a public forum.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Question: Do you expect that there will be a shif in CCW policy under your administration?

Hogan: We've both, I as Govenor and the Super of MSP, taken an oath to uphold the laws of MD so we've got to uphold the laws that are on the books and we intend to do that, but both of us are supporters of the 2nd ammendment which wasn't the case with the previous govenor or super of MSP. We're going to do everything we can to keep the guns out of the hands of criminals and mentally ill, but we're going to make it less burdensom MAYBE for the law abiding citizens to lawfully OWN weapons.

The question was about CCW, directly. He dodged it, completly.

And anyone that did not get that, consider it a new lesson. The question was clear, and no answer was offered.

navycraig

Ultimate Member
    Aug 3, 2009
    St. Mary's
    Amazing. The first politically skillful Republican in MD's living memory...

Any chance this is a good problem to have?

Nah...

if he didnt dodge it the nomination will be held up, give him some time

Maybe, just maybe he could have been truthful. Something like...

"The new head of the MSP has not even been confirmed yet and this is not a topic that we have had a chance to discuss (or whatever the truth is) so it would be inappropriate for me to comment on what we may do in the future".

But that's just MY idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom