• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Combloc

Stop Negassing me!!!!!
    Nov 10, 2010
    In a House
    I recently picked up a nice HSc produced under French occupation in probably 1946 based on the serial number. I really wasn't looking for one but the condition was such that I couldn't pass it up. Other than a chipped left grip it's pretty nice I think:

This came out of an old collection through a local shop so I don't know any of its History. The white markings are paint filled but I don't know if that was done at the factory or later. I assume later because I've never seen one with filled stamps but I'm not well versed on these. Whatever the case, I think it looks nice.

According to the wear on the rails, it's been shot very little:

As is often seen with pistols produced under French control, the last three digits of the serial number are stamped on the bottom of the chamber but the electropenciled one is absent on the slide. It also has an "RW" stamp on the chamber similar to the one seen on the trigger guard:

Outside, the bluing is really nice with the only real wear showing on the rear strap and, to a lesser extent, the front strap:

Serial number on front strap:

It should be a fun little pistol at the range. I've always liked them although I've never actively looked for one but, as I said, this one looked really nice so I picked it up. As Much as I like HK's I should probably have one anyways since Alex Seidel designed it. His HK4 design is nothing more than a modernized copy of this old clunker. Here is the HSc with another of Mr. Seidel's designs, the HK P9S:

Although one is a delayed blowback and the other is a direct blowback, everything about them, from the way they disassemble to various little design characteristics shows that both obviously came from the same mind. Anywho, that's my latest little clunker. It might be old, but it's still a surprisingly fresh design and I'm sure it will make a for fun plinking too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom