• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    About a year ago we noticed a bad leak in our front foyer ceiling when it rains really hard. Had a roofing company come out and replace a spot on the roof they said looked bad. Next hard rain, it leaked and they caulked around some windows. Next rain it leaked and they caulked again. The rains are bad enough evert few months to get the leak. Probably at least 1/4 cup each time.

Well with today's bad storms it leaked again.

I am looking for a general contractor to identify the leak, fix the leak and replace some damaged drywall. I am looking for a good contractor as I know finding leaks can be tough.

Let me know if you know someone.

I'm in Severn, MD near Arundel Mills Mall.

PharaohF4

Ultimate Member
    Mar 28, 2010
    bump. talked to 2 contractors who came out and said they would be back to look at the roof. And then... crickets, nothing, won't call or text back.

I know it may not be a big job, but if you do this work, then you can get not only return business from me but also referrals. They have no idea how much work I may have for you down the road. I don't understand the lack of customer service sometimes.

Anyways if you know of someone who wants to help me out, let me know. If you have any questions I am happy to elaborate here or on the phone about the job.

Mightydog

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    We had a leak around the same place your talking about. Couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was coming from. Then had a thought...seemed to be in line with my upstairs front bathroom vent stack. Looked at the rubber boot covering the stack on the roof and saw it had a nice weathered crack in it. Got a few rubber "booties" that slid down the stack and problem solved. Hope yours is that easy.

buellsfurn

Ultimate Member
    Dec 1, 2015
    southern end of Maryland
    We had a leak around the same place your talking about. Couldn't for the life of me figure out where it was coming from. Then had a thought...seemed to be in line with my upstairs front bathroom vent stack. Looked at the rubber boot covering the stack on the roof and saw it had a nice weathered crack in it. Got a few rubber "booties" that slid down the stack and problem solved. Hope yours is that easy.

Lowes sells another type that is black plastic looks like a bowl with a pipe made onto it its a life time replacement well supposed to be I've used several of these in the past on jobs you just slide this unit down over existing pvc leave everything old their its sealed no future worries

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom