• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Merlin593

Mar 29, 2013
    Towson, MD
    Its been over 3 1/2 years since this B.S. bill got passed and I was just curious if anyone had heard about convictions directly related to any of its misguided, misinformed provisions.
    I'm going to guess not since the Dumbocrats would have publicized it all over the media saying how they've made the state so much safer since passing that bill.
    How much money did they waste to write this up, debate it, reword some of it, re-write it again, debate some more and then finally pass it?
    Thoughts/comments? And go.
    Best,
    Jim

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    It would be interesting to write to the gov., Senate Pres., and AG and ask them, and see what their various official responses are.

No matter what their response, I think it would be damning, and maybe helpful in future litigation. And if they say they don't compile stats, that would belie their claims that it's working. The only one that might resemble truthfulness would be Hogan's; he wasn't involved.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Why give them ideas. Frosh has found a bigger windmill to tilt at, suing Trump.

Annapolis is not guided by logic and facts. The attempt to compile statistics will not lead to "hey let's repeal the law," or any sort of embarrassment (Annapolis politicians have no shame), it will more likely lead to "we need another law." Or worse, they will start knocking on doors and dredging lakes where there have been a lot of boating accidents.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    The Dems will say "look how well it's working" when no law abiding citizens are arrested. They will say nothing about the criminals ignoring the law.

EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    It would be interesting to write to the gov., Senate Pres., and AG and ask them, and see what their various official responses are.

No matter what their response, I think it would be damning, and maybe helpful in future litigation. And if they say they don't compile stats, that would belie their claims that it's working. The only one that might resemble truthfulness would be Hogan's; he wasn't involved.

According to OWE'Malley's vaunted StateStat, they should have tracked, collected, and compiled, then sliced-and-diced it by jurisdiction, demographic, and tax revenues generated. But sadly, if the data doesn't show what they want it to show, it's tossed aside like a used rubber. So the answer is ... the MDGA and AG Brian Frosh don't have a clue about the stats ... but they'll pontificate enough about them to make up for the lack of facts and figures.

Attachments

• glitteringgeneralities_propaganda.jpg
      glitteringgeneralities_propaganda.jpg
      42.7 KB · Views: 1,472

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Why give them ideas. Frosh has found a bigger windmill to tilt at, suing Trump.

Annapolis is not guided by logic and facts. The attempt to compile statistics will not lead to "hey let's repeal the law," or any sort of embarrassment (Annapolis politicians have no shame), it will more likely lead to "we need another law." Or worse, they will start knocking on doors and dredging lakes where there have been a lot of boating accidents.

They don't already have ideas? How many additional gun bills have been introduced after SB281, the highly-touted comprehensive be-all, end-all omnibus that would solve gun violence, short of confiscation? Boiling frogs. Doubling down on stupidity, with one goal in mind.

Who's talking about repeal? The only thing that will stop them is the courts, or, if over time people come to their senses after being utterly deluged with real facts and statistics, if then. But you need the facts to counter their fake facts.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Who is going to collect data on convictions? Frosh? The anti-gun MSP? Would we believe them anyway? If we had big deal prosecutions of people carrying Glock ak-15s with 600 round clipazines under FSA2013, you probably would have heard - if no where else, in the testimony for all the other anti gun bills this year that Mike and Mike are pushing. Instead, crickets. The fact that we hear crickets pretty much says it all: What comes out Annapolis is legislative masturbation.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Who is going to collect data on convictions? Frosh? The anti-gun MSP? Would we believe them anyway? If we had big deal prosecutions of people carrying Glock ak-15s with 600 round clipazines under FSA2013, you probably would have heard - if no where else, in the testimony for all the other anti gun bills this year that Mike and Mike are pushing. Instead, crickets. The fact that we hear crickets pretty much says it all: What comes out Annapolis is legislative masturbation.

The Dems love to collect statistics. O'Mao was obsessed with them. He said that's how he ran government, and that's the future of governing.

But that doesn't mean they know what they mean, what to do with them, or how to use them for anyone's benefit but their own. If the statistics gel with the Dems' argument, they use them. If not, they're ignored, suppressed, or denied to be kept or available. But they're there, or easily compiled from raw data, and I'd bet on it.

Same thing with federal economic and unemployment statistics during the -0- administration. If people aren't looking for work anymore, they're not counted. Easy solution to unemployment, right?

Dems have read "How to Lie With Statistics" and use its teachings every day. That's how they get into power and that's how they keep it. Math? Ha. That's for engineers, not the ruling elite.

Bikebreath

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 30, 2009
    in the bowels of Baltimore
    I can remember how the top of my head wanted to pop off, listening to Chris Van Douchebag's campaign ads say how lives have been saved with the Firearm Safety Act. Of course there were no stats or proof, he just threw it out there.

In Bing, if you search "Chris Van Douchebag" the douche pops up at the top...at least for my search.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    98% of the time you can spread 75% half-truths, and 65% of the time you can convince 80% of people of outright lies if you can say it with a straight face and sufficient gravitas.

64.5% of Democrat politicians take the DNC's campaign prep course, "How to lie with gravitas -- and while keeping a straight face" as part of their campaign training. The other 35.5% are natural compulsive or pathological liars who could teach the course.

99.2% of people agree.

My name is Dan Rather, er, Brian Williams, er, Hillary Clinton, er, Susan Rice, er, Loretta Lynch, er, Barack Obama, and I approved this message.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    3% of everything I read on MDS is true. But you usually have to wait 2 weeks to find out.

(which is 3% more than I believe coming out of Annapolis)

You can bet your bottom dollar on it, 100% of the time.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    It's just more proof that gun control laws and bans only affect those who were law abiding in the first place. I'd wager if you looked at "assault weapons bans" across the nation you'd find minimal arrests for them anywhere.

Meanwhile, even caught a glimpse on that uber-conservative outlet CNN last night of a reporter who was able to buy an AK in restrictive Belgium within a couple of hours with just a phone call to a local drug dealer. Anyway, we've all heard it before. The liberals don't care. They all know gun control doesn't work. I think even the useful idiots in the ranks of the MDA fat ladies suspect it. But it's all about their feelings.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    HQL fingerprinting
    Modern sporting rifle ban
    10 rnd mag limit

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members