• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    I got out in 2004. We got a puppy that year (RIP little buddy!) and my wife and witnessed a lot of "interesting" activity when walking him after dark in the neighborhood. I guess I never would've noticed without the occasion to be out so late. I'd sometimes crawl home from the Outback bar, but not too often, and I suppose I might not have been so aware of my surroundings in those cases anyway. ;)

Happily in rural (for now) Frederick County these days. Not perfect, but we generally feel safe.

We’re in Frederick County now too but we left Germantown in 1994. It really wasn’t too bad then but we wanted better a better home at a decent price.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    The "major crimes division" investigated this? WTH?

Baby formula is expensive... REALLY expensive. If they got away with multiple containers in multiple thefts, they could easily be in the thousands of dollars in no time.

My wife and I got a Target Red Card simply to get the 5% off on their store-brand formula when our son was still an infant. It's amazing how expensive it is.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    Baby formula is expensive... REALLY expensive. If they got away with multiple containers in multiple thefts, they could easily be in the thousands of dollars in no time.

They are not stealing formula to feed a baby. They are stealing formula to feed a drug habit.

The cans with concentrate are a currency in all kinds of non baby related transactions in the ghetto. Eventually they are sold to the small corner grocers who mark them up and sell them through the WIC program. That can of formula touches on several aspects of organized crime before it ends up being fed to a baby.

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    Fml

A double shooting during a group squabble in a parking lot. Of course it WAS near Gunners Lake Park, so maybe it was a "when in Rome" kind of thing.

https://wtop.com/montgomery-county/2019/05/man-woman-shot-in-germantown-altercation/

Next street down from me. Thought I heard something at about that time. Shrugged it off like the other shootings a couple weeks ago at the pond at around 12:37AM. Called po po and they finished my sentence. I drove by gunners and did not see any casings. Thought some punk ass was shooting into the pond. Heard nothing else. Then following week that four person shooting in Criminal Woods.

Actually next street down from me is port haven. Grey eagle is. The street at the “ part-ments” behind the elementary school. Still across street from me. Northlake apts

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom