• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clump

Sep 19, 2008
    Felton, DE
    Although I live in Frederick, I work for MOCO. Because it's my direct employer the MOCO elections effect me at least as much as the FredCO elections.

Being a single party County the primary is the election. If you watch TV at all you've seen David Blair pointing out that he's not Trump. Blair recently got the Washington Post endorsement, which is a big leg up. He's also the only candidate with enough money to advertise extensively, especially on TV. Cynical me wonders about his print advertising budget and the Post endorsement. I would say he has better name recognition than anyone, which is also a big advantage.

Everything about this guy is slick and well produced. Take a look at his web site - https://blairformontgomery.com/
    Very slick and well done. He has positions published on many issues. For the most part, there's a well crafted statement that sounds good, but no depth.

When it comes to 2A none of the candidates are acceptable. They all seem to think that the state laws are just a start. Blair has a "Keeping our schools and communities safe" plank in his platform. It's filled with ridiculous ideas, here's just a few:

Maryland has some of the toughest gun laws in the nation yet doesn’t extend gun regulatory power to local governments. If Maryland won’t take more aggressive actions against gun violence, our county should be able to set its own gun regulations. As County Executive, I’ll go to Annapolis and demand state lawmakers free our hands of state control, allowing us to enact stronger protections, in addition to state gun laws already in place.

Without the ability to enact stronger gun laws, Montgomery County also forfeits the right to prevent gun trafficking. We ought to be able to report and share gun sale and transfer information with other neighboring municipalities in the region to prevent illegal guns from crossing state lines. I’ll partner with local jurisdictions to call on their state lawmakers to pass stronger reporting laws, with stricter penalties if caught. This will help prevent illegal firearms from falling through the cracks and allow local enforcement to more easily detect and prosecute criminal behavior.

Los Angeles and Sacramento local law enforcement are able to compare ammunition sales with the state’s database of convicted felons and other people prohibited from purchasing or possessing guns. With the state’s permission, I’ll work with regional jurisdictions to create a regional ammunition sale database.

The thought of a "regional ammunition sale database" is terrifying.

Again, none of the candidates are 2A friendly at all, but Blair has a plan. It would be great if Ficker (R) had a prayer in November, but that's just not realistic.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    I just watched an ad on YouTube where he says he’s going to Lobby for mandatory trigger locks on all guns in the home. I’ve got 40+ Guns (yes MSP they are all legal and most you transferred) is David Blair going to buy me 40+ trigger locks? Or should i just buy a bigger safe and put my already giant safe in the bigger safe?

spoon059

Ultimate Member
    Jun 1, 2018
    Hopefully his talk is all bluster, like most political talk at this time of year. These term limits are great for a lot of reasons, but they also open the door to change for the worse. The good thing to remember is that Mo Co politicians are so full of themselves and so ignorant of reality that they tend to forget that they only have control within the county. If they ever did try to register ammo, or anything similar, they would probably fashion it like the minimum wage monstrosity they created... one in which people simply drive 20 minutes further away to do what they need to do...

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom