• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This is very disappointing. I am not criticizing those who volunteer their time, but it seems that with a republican president elect, national reciprocity bill and a "republican" governor, we should be getting more bold, not retracting from public exposure. Just my thoughts.

Mike OTDP

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2008
    We have decided to transition from our traditional 2A Tuesday event into a focus on "Gun Bill Days," which are the March days that all the gun-related bills are typically set for committee hearings in the General Assembly.
    I think this is a good idea. It's time to flex our muscle inside the GA buildings, not outside.

MD_3%er

Jul 3, 2011
    Nottingham, MD
    BEOOOOOOOOOOO! Yes, we are nothing if not social!

We have planned our Feb. 7 rally/protest to be a quick-hitter starting at 9am and wrapping up after the legislators have to walk past us around 10am. Easy peazy.

After that, beer for brunch if we want!

This is not the same as gun bill day? This is just a general rally? Any reason for the date? Would love to attend.

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    It is my understanding that the NRA and MSRPA were not involved this year from jump street. So was this an MSI event that failed to launch, or are the orgs not coordinating with each other?

And which org pulled the permit for the morning of 7 February?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    This is not the same as gun bill day? This is just a general rally? Any reason for the date? Would love to attend.

Traditionally there has been a Maryland 2nd Amendment rally in early February--but it was strictly a non-partisan event, according to non-profit regs.

Now that the 2A organizations are focusing their energy on the days when gun bills come up in March, we are cut loose to have a PARTISAN rally that shames Democrats on February 7th at 9am.

Since we are on a new page, I am reposting the rally plan again:

2A Tuesday is cancelled, but "DEPLORABLES TUESDAY" takes its place! We have been cut loose on Feb. 7th to have the partisan rally that the NRA, MSI and MSPRA could not, by law, put on.

Yes, the official 2A Tuesday Rally on February 7th, sponsored by the NRA, (with an assist from Maryland Shall Issue and Maryland Pistol & Rifle Association) has been "redirected" to Gun Bill Days, but we, as MARYLAND SHOOTERS, are still free meet up for a rally/protest on February 7th, so come on down and join us!

With the Patriot Picket crew acting as your coordinating committee, we invite you to meet up with us and your MDS brothers and sisters on THE PUBLIC SIDEWALK at Lawyers Mall for what we are calling "DEPLORABLES TUESDAY"!

Whoa, but "what about an event permit?" and "what about those rented meeting rooms?. WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' PERMIT! As the Patriot Picket has proved, we have THE RIGHT to the public sidewalk anytime we please.

Except this year, we are inviting you to wear YOUR FAVORITE HOLSTER, to bring your GADSDEN BANNERS, and to grab A PROTEST SIGN from the many we have on hand from the Patriot Picket. Or even better, bring your own sign!

We invite to wear your CAMO--head to toe if you like. Wear your favorite GUN HAT. Wear your cowboy hat. We will also have American flags to hold. To hell with dressing business casual and being non-partisan! Our opponents aren't non-partisan. We won't be either.

We have also arranged for an appearance and short speech by some very special guests that you won't want to miss. Trust me, you will want to have your picture taken with our special guests, and to post them all over social media. We will also be alerting the mainstream media about our event outside Lawyer's Mall.

To make it easier for you to attend Deplorables Tuesday so as not to miss too much work, we will meet up at 9am on February 7th at the edge of Lawyer's Mall. Our special guests will arrive around 9:30am for their short presentation and will all be in place with our OPEN HOLSTERS, FLAGS, and PROTEST SIGNS when the legislators cross the street in front of us at 10am.

By they we will have gotten great pictures and video for social media and you all are free to go! Short & Sweet, and to the point. We will not nag you to visit legislators--you can do that on Gun Bill Days.

See you February 7th, for the Deplorables Tuesday Rally that you've always wished you could go to!

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This is very disappointing. I am not criticizing those who volunteer their time, but it seems that with a republican president elect, national reciprocity bill and a "republican" governor, we should be getting more bold, not retracting from public exposure. Just my thoughts.

I thought about this, but I actuallly think that the strength of Patriot's Picket is going to shine 100 fold in the venue of a rally on Lawyers Mall, while the value of MSI and it's more legalistic approach works for bill hearing day.

Patriot's Picket has the in your face shock value that is needed for an event with a non-captive audience.

IMO, this is an example of how two different pro-2A groups can compliment each others strengths.

thomfantomas

Crna Ovca
    Feb 15, 2013
    Дундак ex Florida Keys
    like anything significant will come out of this..but i appreciate the fight!

Attachments

• 60430553.jpg
      60430553.jpg
      37.4 KB · Views: 232

MD_3%er

Jul 3, 2011
    Nottingham, MD
    Traditionally there has been a Maryland 2nd Amendment rally in early February--but it was strictly a non-partisan event, according to non-profit regs.

Now that the 2A organizations are focusing their energy on the days when gun bills come up in March, we are cut loose to have a PARTISAN rally that shames Democrats on February 7th at 9am.

Since we are on a new page, I am reposting the rally plan again:

Thanks for the info!

Gambler

¿Got Freedom?
    Oct 30, 2011
    Parkville
    I thought about this, but I actuallly think that the strength of Patriot's Picket is going to shine 100 fold in the venue of a rally on Lawyers Mall, while the value of MSI and it's more legalistic approach works for bill hearing day.

Patriot's Picket has the in your face shock value that is needed for an event with a non-captive audience.

IMO, this is an example of how two different pro-2A groups can compliment each others strengths.

:thumbsup: This.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD

Appreciate the hat tip on this!

Let me try to give you a sense about the game face we are bringing to our Deplorables Tuesday Rally:

Attachments

• IMG_2762.jpg
      IMG_2762.jpg
      57.4 KB · Views: 221

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    i think this was a very savvy move, even if the original intent was not a 2 front battle. it now has become just that.

kudos to all concerned.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    i think this was a very savvy move, even if the original intent was not a 2 front battle. it now has become just that.

kudos to all concerned.

Thanks. I appreciate that not everyone will necessarily agree. But ultimately it is a judgment call about how to maximize our effectiveness. If anyone wants to throw rotten eggs, I am here as a target. Toss away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom