• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    http://us4.campaign-archive2.com/?u=f9a3fb0d5de76b58560e66d8e&id=5b2e3932c0&e=1fa507aab5

We have decided to transition from our traditional 2A Tuesday event into a focus on "Gun Bill Days," which are the March days that all the gun-related bills are typically set for committee hearings in the General Assembly. Accordingly, 2A Tuesday activities have been moved to Gun Bill Days. Put simply, the resources of MSI and our partnering organizations are better spent focusing on combating the "bad" legislation that is submitted each session and promoting the "good" bills that will also be filed. These days are critical and we need the participation of our membership to be most effective.

We will do our best to make it easy for folks to show up, get the information they need about each gun-related bill and sign up to testify, if they so desire. We will also help folks arrange to speak to their representatives if they need assistance. We'll keep you updated on the bills as they come out. In the meantime, please take a moment to become familiar with your representatives. All you have to do is click here to find out who represents you, and that person's contact information. Please try to get to know these representatives now. You'll be more effective if on Gun Bill Days if your representatives already know you.

Find My Elected Officials Tool
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/frmmain.aspx?pid=legisrpage&tab=subject6&poptype=find&popid=

Gun-Related Bills
    http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/webmga/f...bjpage&tab=subject3&id=guns&stab=01&ys=2017RS

Last edited:

eruby

Confederate Jew
    MDS Supporter
    Was it in early Feb last year or the year before?
    I don't have my 2016 emails, but the 2015 days were:

We have two weeks until "Gun Bill Day" in the House Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, March 10.

We have two weeks until "Gun Bill Day" in the Senate Judicial Proceedings Committee on Thursday, March 12.

I think they were more spread out last year.

2014:

Senate “Gun Bill Day” Hearing Agenda Wednesday, February 26, 2014

House “Gun Bill Day” Hearing Agenda Tuesday, March 4th, 2014

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think it was a good call and I do understand not wanting to say "canceled" since we don't' want to give the Antis any ammo (since they could spin MSI cancelling 2A Tuesday as support for gun control) but I confess I was trying to figure out if it meant it was not happening or not.

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    The RALLY Goes on! Join Us!

Here is the new plan:

2A Tuesday is cancelled, but "DEPLORABLES TUESDAY" takes its place! We have been cut loose to have the partisan rally that the NRA, MSI and MSPRA could not, by law, put on.

Yes, the official 2A Tuesday Rally on February 7th, sponsored by the NRA, (with an assist from Maryland Shall Issue and Maryland Pistol & Rifle Association) has been "redirected" to Gun Bill Days, but we, as MARYLAND SHOOTERS, are still free meet up for a rally/protest on February 7th, so come on down and join us!

With the Patriot Picket crew acting as your coordinating committee, we invite you to meet up with us and your MDS brothers and sisters on THE PUBLIC SIDEWALK at Lawyers Mall for what we are calling "DEPLORABLES TUESDAY"!

Whoa, but "what about an event permit?" and "what about those rented meeting rooms?. WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' PERMIT! As the Patriot Picket has proved, we have THE RIGHT to the public sidewalk anytime we please.

Except this year, we are inviting you to wear YOUR FAVORITE HOLSTER, to bring your GADSDEN BANNERS, and to grab A PROTEST SIGN from the many we have on hand from the Patriot Picket. Or even better, bring your own sign!

We invite to wear your CAMO--head to toe if you like. Wear your favorite GUN HAT. Wear your cowboy hat. We will also have American flags to hold. To hell with dressing business casual and being non-partisan! Our opponents aren't non-partisan. We won't be either.

We have also arranged for an appearance and short speech by some very special guests that you won't want to miss. Trust me, you will want to have your picture taken with our special guests, and to post them all over social media. We will also be alerting the mainstream media about our event outside Lawyer's Mall.

To make it easier for you to attend Deplorables Tuesday so as not to miss too much work, we will meet up at 9am on February 7th at the edge of Lawyer's Mall. Our special guests will arrive around 9:30am for their short presentation and will all be in place with our OPEN HOLSTERS, FLAGS, and PROTEST SIGNS when the legislators cross the street in front of us at 10am.

By they we will have gotten great pictures and video for social media and you all are free to go! Short & Sweet, and to the point. We will not nag you to visit legislators--you can do that on Gun Bill Days.

See you February 7th, for the Deplorables Tuesday Rally that you've always wished you could go to!

Attachments

• IMG_3335.JPG
      IMG_3335.JPG
      126.7 KB · Views: 665

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    I'd like to add a couple of points:

- MSI has no direct association with the Deplorables.
    - The Mad Moms did not have a permit for their get together in Lawyer's Mall last year, so there is precedent.
    - These get togethers are a heck of a good time.
    - Is a Hot Wash at Mission BBQ planned after?

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    BEOOOOOOOOOOO! Yes, we are nothing if not social!

We have planned our Feb. 7 rally/protest to be a quick-hitter starting at 9am and wrapping up after the legislators have to walk past us around 10am. Easy peazy.

After that, beer for brunch if we want!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Ababe1120

Latest threads

Top Bottom