• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • -Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Well after much hemming and hawing, my wife and I agreed to take in the pup at least until the weekend and give it a trial go with our dog and kids. Both girls came downstairs upon hearing the commotion and promptly named him Oliver since they had just watched Oliver and Company over Christmas. He seems to be getting along well with everyone and has claimed a part of the couch ad his for now. We shall see and we are optimistic that this will work out for Oliver and the rest of the family.

pleasant1911

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Hope it works out for the best. A girl I dated years ago had a dog like that. It was half beagle and half King Charles, if I remember right...anyways, hope it all works out.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Well Oliver or Ollie for short has made himself at home and is making a good case to be a permanent member of our pack. He is on meds now for his worms but other than that he is in picture perfect health, nails already trimmed, teeth in good shape, and no current fleas. He has his favorite spot on the couch already which is wherever I am sitting lol. Will keep you all in the loop as his adventure continues.

20161227_0809001.jpg

20161227_1656081.jpg

5.56blaster

Ultimate Member
    Stray dogs make good dogs. They know what you gave them. I have George who I picked up on the side of the road. He was in very bad condition. Now the picture of health I am not allowed to be out if his sight. I brought two back from overseas ( one just died) and they are Velcro dogs. Great job!

Vetted84

Nov 8, 2016
    Your other dog in the picture above doesn't exactly look thrilled.

Good on you for adopting him.

-Mil-Surp-Phreak-

Ultimate Member
    Feb 26, 2007
    Gaithersburg
    Your other dog in the picture above doesn't exactly look thrilled.

Good on you for adopting him.
    She has gotten over it and they even napped together in her crate. She is a rescue as well, people moved out of town and just left her for 4 days in the backyard before the rescue group came and scooped her up and we got her the next week. Even the cat has accepted him after giving him the obligatory ass kicking upon first meeting him.

Sealion

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    May 19, 2016
    Balto Co
    You're a good man...even if you are a Nationals fan. ;) We found our last two dogs in TN. Loyal and appreciative.

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek
    You are a good man with a great heart -Mil-Surp-Phreak-!

:bowdown:

So glad Oliver found a loving forever home! :thumbsup:

We have four rescued beagles and a basset who are sending warm K9 thoughts your way.

DontTreadOnMe

Dec 10, 2016
    You're a good family to take him in. From the looks of that picture, though, he's not the only lucky one. Enjoy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom