• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Trek4Ward

Hooligan #10
    Mar 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    I'm looking to redo my firepit and thought I'd give a shout out to those that have some nice one's to show their handiwork and give me some ideas! I've enclosed a pic of what it looks like now. It needs some work.....

Attachments

• Firepit.jpg
      Firepit.jpg
      71.2 KB · Views: 816

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I just ran a couple of courses of landscaping bricks in a circle, overlapped. Nothing elaborate or fancy, and it works great.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great topic. None of these are mine, I don't have a fire pit, but would like one someday.

I like the idea of this, seeing the flames through the cutouts of the animals, very cool effect:

rustic-fire-pits.jpg

This one is good, because it provides a place to store your wood, so its always conveniently on hand, and keeps any critters from living in the wood because every time you use the pit the heat would kill or drive them out. Looks nice too:

02d54dbff9b23a259b0d07418cb939d9.jpg

This one is the same idea as the animals, except its in a globe shape:

b9764fdc48136e185a85b2d68b23ccc8.jpg

f62dac7269583c4f8248a8e7217fc8b6.jpg

forest-fire-pit-9741.jpg

Lastly, (for now), if you decide to go with propane instead of traditional wood, consider doing this contrasting color, looks neat to me:

popular-outdoor-round-concrete-tile-propane-gas-fire-pit-design-as-well-as-concrete-fire-pit-and-fire-pit-burner-1120x840.jpg

CrazySanMan

2013'er
    Mar 4, 2013
    Colorful Colorado
    Here's mine, practicing my firemaking skill sin a Colorado blizzard. The block was a kit from Lowes that came with a steel ring insert. I added the pavers on top to finish it off and it's surrounded by 5' of pea gravel.

Overboost44

6th gear
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 10, 2013
    Kent Island
    I just got a truck wheel last week and picked up some stone this weekend. I will cut out the grass, put a piece of old tarp under it to keep the weeks out, add stone, surround with pavers similar to this. I will post pics when I have it finished.

Attachments

• tractor-wheel-fire-pit-fb1.jpg
      tractor-wheel-fire-pit-fb1.jpg
      67.9 KB · Views: 929

Trek4Ward

Hooligan #10
    Mar 26, 2013
    Frederick County
    Buff7mm and I have discussed tractor trailer rims but I need something bigger. Landscaping bricks would be nice but lack the "rustic" I'm looking for. Keep em coming....

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    The masonry sure is pretty but if you want utilitarian rustic go with a metal drum with some holes punched in the bottom.

I don't have room on my property for a permanent fire pit, but I drag out a small drum which puts out tons of heat when it's chilly out, and is the right shape for disposing of any branches you have laying around.

If you are looking to build a permanent masonry fire ring, leave air intakes at the bottom. If you really want a healthy fire, build a grate so the fuel can breathe even more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom