• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Quoting the student from UD, Dominique Carpio:

"People are shocked because I'm a woman," she said. "How else are you supposed to defend yourself?"

And she admits she was anti-gun until she saw the crime alerts put out by the university.

K31

"Part of that Ultra MAGA Crowd"
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 15, 2006
    AA county
    The increase rekindles an ongoing debate over whether more guns in a community make people safer. While national and state crime data is inconclusive regarding any trends with gun ownership,

Deliberate disingenuousness or piss-poor research. You decide.

DanGuy48

Ultimate Member
    Deliberate disingenuousness or piss-poor research. You decide.

The translation is that they looked into it and found that the evidence went against the belief they have firmly clamped between their teeth, so this is the best they could do.

I remember several years back when CNN printed the second amendment on the screen during some piece they were doing on guns, I almost ripped the damn TV off the wall. They had left out 3 words, "of the people". Tell me how you accidentally leave that out. You don't. You got your piece all written and ready to go and you look up the amendment to quote it and, OH NO, it actually says "the right of the people" in it. Can't have that. It would ruin the whole point.

Blacksmith101

Grumpy Old Man
    Jun 22, 2012
    Gun sales up because of all the Marylander's going to Cabela's and X-ring Supply and other sales tax free gun stores that sell standard capacity magazines, the background checks numbers are where the NICS call is made not where the person lives. The gun store owner Miller who was heavily quoted in the article is no friend of the 2nd Amendment and has come out in favor of more restrictions, Delaware gun rights people don't buy from Miller's.

Mr. Ed

This IS my Happy Face
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2009
    Edgewater
    Imagine how those numbers are going to grow in the coming months... considering the cumulative effects of the elections and Scalia's passing.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    Gun sales up because of all the Marylander's going to Cabela's and X-ring Supply and other sales tax free gun stores that sell standard capacity magazines, the background checks numbers are where the NICS call is made not where the person lives. The gun store owner Miller who was heavily quoted in the article is no friend of the 2nd Amendment and has come out in favor of more restrictions, Delaware gun rights people don't buy from Miller's.

This.

And, word has it Millers is going out of business soon (can't believe they've survived this long). Overheard a conversation one of their long time employees was having, possible spin off into another store.

Why get smoked in MD when you can buy tax free in DE at X ring and Cabelas?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    "A few" is about right. I don't need to know a vendor has "paid to play" on an internet forum in order to patronize them. I'd rather just give my $30 bucks a year donation to MDS and then save literally HUNDREDS not getting raped every time I want to buy or transfer.

<gasp> the FFL I use is literally half the price (yes, brick and mortar) than most of the IPs here for transfers,.... a THIRD in some cases.

There's nothing patriotic or smart about getting ripped off.;)

Feb 28, 2013

:wtf:

What an idiot. Is this fool on crack or somethin'??

Where the hell is this place so I don't make the mistake of stoppin' in thar?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    :wtf:

What an idiot. Is this fool on crack or somethin'??

Where the hell is this place so I don't make the mistake of stoppin' in thar?
    Route 40 in New Castle, not far up from the Farmers Market.

Place is a dump, I wouldn't buy a single thing from them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom