• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dreadpirate

Ultimate Member
    Mar 7, 2010
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    My new Spyderco flippers

The Spyderco Advocate (top) and Mantra flippers. These are awesome with great ergos. The lock up on the Advocate is really strong, to the point where I have a sore thumb. Both of these have a wear in period before the action really smooths out. The Advocate is a little difficult to Spydie flick due to the recessed Spydie hole. M4 blade steel. Titanium handles. I recommend both of these. [EDIT - the Advocate has an orange peel finish that looks really cool and provides a bit more grip.]

Attachments

• DSC_0053.jpg
      DSC_0053.jpg
      94 KB · Views: 435
    • DSC_0052.jpg
      DSC_0052.jpg
      92.1 KB · Views: 440
    Last edited:

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    Fatty with bronze pivot and backspacers.

Attachments

• Hinderer XM-18 Fatty.jpg
      Hinderer XM-18 Fatty.jpg
      179.1 KB · Views: 357

2SAM22

Moderator Emeritus
    Apr 4, 2007
    That's Glock money. Nice folder.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Thanks.

I've been on a Benchmade kick lately. Took a while to get these shipped from GovX but they arrived the other day. An AFO II to go with my old AFO I and an Adamas, both autos.

Also saw a Pelican 1450 case from Nalpak with custom foam a while back and picked one up to replace the huge Pelican 1600 with pick n pluck I've been using for the past several years.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.03.26 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.03.26 AM.jpg
      89.7 KB · Views: 315
    • Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.09.05 AM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2017-02-06 at 11.09.05 AM.jpg
      148.9 KB · Views: 322

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Love the case. Very nicely organized. I should do the same (although my collection is maybe a third of what you have in there). Congrats on the new Benchmade folders.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    Thanks.

I've been on a Benchmade kick lately. Took a while to get these shipped from GovX but they arrived the other day. An AFO II to go with my old AFO I and an Adamas, both autos.

Also saw a Pelican 1450 case from Nalpak with custom foam a while back and picked one up to replace the huge Pelican 1600 with pick n pluck I've been using for the past several years.

Nice collection. I have both you just got. The Adamas is a beast. I prefer the AFO II for edc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Nice collection. I have both you just got. The Adamas is a beast. I prefer the AFO II for edc.

Careful with the AFO it opened in my old partners pocket. When he reached in there he got 5 stitches.

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    Careful with the AFO it opened in my old partners pocket. When he reached in there he got 5 stitches.

Thanks. Fortunately I haven't had any issues with the AFO or the Stryker I've had for almost 10 years. I carry them with with the blade toward back of pocket just for that reason. The infidel though, I could see doing that and I think it has happened to me before

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Thanks. Fortunately I haven't had any issues with the AFO or the Stryker I've had for almost 10 years. I carry them with with the blade toward back of pocket just for that reason. The infidel though, I could see doing that and I think it has happened to me before

I haven't even come close to thinking my Infidel would fire. I guess the pockets of my skinny jeans aren't that tight. LOL

F2S

Oct 24, 2013
    I haven't even come close to thinking my Infidel would fire. I guess the pockets of my skinny jeans aren't that tight. LOL

I think I had mine in my back pocket of my work pants. It didn't open all the way. I don't even remember if it actually happened just have vague memory of it.

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    You have to explain to me how. The knife is not sliding up and down while clipped in the pocket. And when you lift it out, the thumb rests on the knife body between the pocket so the trigger barely, if at all, grabs any cloth.
    I'll have to play with it tomorrow to see.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    You have to explain to me how. The knife is not sliding up and down while clipped in the pocket. And when you lift it out, the thumb rests on the knife body between the pocket so the trigger barely, if at all, grabs any cloth.
    I'll have to play with it tomorrow to see.
    Middle of the night. Got up to take the dogs out to see what got their attention. Pulled pants off corner of the bed. Knife was in RH pocket. It clanked pretty good on the bed. When I pulled on the pants, I felt a small jab and scratch. Not thinking clearly, I jammed my hand in the pocket. My Benchmade had in fact opened and then tasted blood. I haven't tried to replicate it. I don't leave it in my pants pocket at night anymore AND I'm a lot more careful when I get up to orient myself/get fully awake n

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom