• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JoeRinMD

Rifleman
    Jul 18, 2008
    AA County
    Cabelas in DE had lots of Varget and Clays
    I was north of philly and had no trouble getting CCI small pistol primers like around here. 22 was plentiful also

I drove up to Manhattan yesterday to drop my daughter back off at college. On the way home this morning I also stopped at Cabela's. Their reloading section seemed well stocked with a full selection of powders. The only one they didn't have was a 1lb container of Red Dot ...my go-to load for .45 acp. They seemed to have ample primers as well.

Off-topic, but their prices for .22 rimfire don't seem to have dropped much. Even the bulk-packs of stuff like Tac-22 was pretty high at ~.12 cents/rd.

JoeR

Melnic

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    HoCo
    I drove up to Manhattan yesterday to drop my daughter back off at college. On the way home this morning I also stopped at Cabela's. Their reloading section seemed well stocked with a full selection of powders. The only one they didn't have was a 1lb container of Red Dot ...my go-to load for .45 acp. They seemed to have ample primers as well.

Off-topic, but their prices for .22 rimfire don't seem to have dropped much. Even the bulk-packs of stuff like Tac-22 was pretty high at ~.12 cents/rd.

JoeR

I should say that I had one mistake in my post. I saw the 22 there but did not look at prices. It was at the 3 gun shops I visited where I looked at and purchased some CCI SV at 8 cents a round. I thought a fair price. I know I purchased it for less than 7 cents a round 3 years ago, but its not 3 years ago. CCI SV is good stuff and worth the 8 cents the way prices are right now.

Striper69

Ultimate Member
    Jan 31, 2014
    Iowa
    They have beaucoup 22lr ammo here in Iowa at the Scheel's stores. They also had a lot at the store in Rapid City, SD about a month ago if you want some.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Standing in Bass Pro. In stock:

RL - 7,15,17,22
    AR Comp
    Power Pistol
    Bullseye
    Unique
    Blue Dot
    Green Dot
    Clay Dot

CFE224
    HP38 (same as WW231)
    HS6
    H110
    H322
    H336
    H4895
    BLC2
    Lil Gun
    Titewad
    Trail Boss
    Garger
    IMR 3031,4198,4320,445-,4895,7977,8208xbr
    WW296
    WW748
    WST
    WSF

And more

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The couple I looked at, were in the $35 per pound range.

But if you only need a pound or two, the Hazmat is nuts. Of course, if somewhere else has it, they might be cheaper.

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    BP also has Varget But $37.99! Ouch

Shyda's has Varget for $27.99+ 6% tax. You'll spend more in gas if you're only getting a pound. If you stock up on powder, primers, bullets/shot, and everything else Shyda's stocks it's worth the trip. I ride up with friends and we split the gas.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD
    Road trip to North Carolina today. I did the happy dance when I realized I would be passing a real Bass Pro and Greentop!

One on the way down today and the other on the way back tomorrow,

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Road trip to North Carolina today. I did the happy dance when I realized I would be passing a real Bass Pro and Greentop!

One on the way down today and the other on the way back tomorrow,

I am quite well stocked and still jealous, enjoy, if I were to ask you to bring something back it would be BBQ!

Aamdskeetshooter

Ultimate Member
    Dec 19, 2013
    Moco
    Has anyone seen AA2230 or Ramshot X-terminator within an hrs drive of Frederick?

I called Hafers but no joy.

You could try calling Loudon Guns in Leesburg. Or Trop in Elizabethtown (1.5 hours). Shyda's in Lebanon, PA has both in stock but they're 2 hours from Frederick.

AACo

Tiny Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 11, 2015
    Westminster
    Just left Bass Pro. Had to pick up some Longshot for a new 28ga recipe.

I was surprised to see 2Lbs of Universal on the shelf!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom