• ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    bam.jpg

DaemonAssassin

Why should we Free BSD?
    Jun 14, 2012
    Political refugee in WV
    Even though the db level stayed roughly the same, the sound waves that were created, were drastically different in the tone. The sound of the shot is recognizable from a distance, while the hollow "whoomp" with the water balloon can be mistaken for fireworks, thunder, or other such things.

You theory was sound, by changing the sound waves created. You didn't silence the rifle, you merely changed the sound waves it generated.

Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    Even though the db level stayed roughly the same, the sound waves that were created, were drastically different in the tone. The sound of the shot is recognizable from a distance, while the hollow "whoomp" with the water balloon can be mistaken for fireworks, thunder, or other such things.

You theory was sound, by changing the sound waves created. You didn't silence the rifle, you merely changed the sound waves it generated.

Hi my friend..!! Thank you for the interesting information..!!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

Ok, since you said this.... it's true! And where you measure the sound from is very important too. What direction do you want to minimize the sound from, bystanders, your target, other shooters on line with you, people behind you?

With a VERY long barrel, most of the sound goes downrange with the projectile, so in a way it 'suppresses' the sound naturally.

Curious if suppressors (or silencers; whatever), are legal/illegal in Greece for civilians? We can own them here, you just have to pay an extra $200 for a stamp, wait a few months for approval (background check). But there is a national bill that has a fair/good chance of passing that would make this much better/easier. Only a background check, it would be treated like buying a long gun.

Ok, time for me to watch the latest SP_guns episode!!

Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    Ok, since you said this.... it's true! And where you measure the sound from is very important too. What direction do you want to minimize the sound from, bystanders, your target, other shooters on line with you, people behind you?

With a VERY long barrel, most of the sound goes downrange with the projectile, so in a way it 'suppresses' the sound naturally.

Curious if suppressors (or silencers; whatever), are legal/illegal in Greece for civilians? We can own them here, you just have to pay an extra $200 for a stamp, wait a few months for approval (background check). But there is a national bill that has a fair/good chance of passing that would make this much better/easier. Only a background check, it would be treated like buying a long gun.

Ok, time for me to watch the latest SP_guns episode!!

Hello my friend..!! Here we can't have silencers at all..not handguns and not rifles too..only shotguns..!! Thank you so much..!!!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks for the quick reply, my friend!

In the intro to the tree video you used a pistol, with special effects. Yours (exception), toy, or borrowed?

I really liked the lighter video, I've heard of cops/agents having bullets stopped by their badge.

Have you ever heard of Dragon Skin body armor?

Keep up the great work, love your videos!

Sp guns

Jun 11, 2016
    Thanks for the quick reply, my friend!

In the intro to the tree video you used a pistol, with special effects. Yours (exception), toy, or borrowed?

I really liked the lighter video, I've heard of cops/agents having bullets stopped by their badge.

Have you ever heard of Dragon Skin body armor?

Keep up the great work, love your videos!

It is my airgun pistol i put some special effects to it..no I don't know the Dragon skin armor..thank you..!!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Thanks for posting this video, very informative.

This one was less zany than the others, recording too early in the morning or didn't have your double cappuccino? :D

Two quick thoughts, for lethality I believe early pioneers used pine wood of a certain thickness to demonstrate/prove that it had 'killing power'. Perhaps it was the first airgun used by Lewis&Clark, a rapid fire, repeating air-rifle used to impress native American Indians as they explored out westward.

The other point, is that bullet expansion isn't necessarily important for self defense or hunting; except that it can be used to prevent over-penetration. The FBI study of (now over a year ago) proved conclusively that penetration of a certain minimum depth was what mattered most (after reliability and shot placement). The wound channel created by an expanded bullet made little or no difference in lethality, however in certain tissue (like the liver or brain) the temporary cavity caused by an expanding bullet or specialty bullet could make a difference. These are minor points. Accuracy at a distance is very relevant, as you pointed out.

I think this might be the story I was trying to remember:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom