Heritage Training Center Not Doing Well??

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    It does stand out. Probably different from your indoor options when you were in Baltimore area.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Freestate was my only option. Modern, but you didn't feel like you should be wearing a suit and have a security clearance to visit, lol.

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Lol, I'll make sure to take a pic when I see someone with a suit there. Have seen other SOTAR shirts, besides the time you were at HTC.

Mr.Blue

Living In A Bizarro World
    Nov 21, 2011
    Miserable in MD
    The outdoor ranges require volunteer time or extra membership dues. Sponsorship is straightforward (e.g. I would be happy to sponsor you for the Frederick IWLA). I'm a member of the Frederick IWLA and Monocacy Pistol Club, and the latter doesn't allow centerfire rifles.

With the Frederick IWLA, membership is $110 a year (and possibly a first year fee - don't remember) with 24 hrs work and around $230 without the work. There are other nearby IWLA ranges, some that cost less and some that cost more than the Frederick one (comparing the no volunteer work rates).

Cresap will also take members (allowing more than Sunday rifle shooting) but I don't remember the rates or work requirements.

Other nearby options are the Catoctin hunting club in Myersville area. I've shot there with a friend and remember the rates to be lower than the Frederick IWLA but the range is a bit smaller. Nice place nonetheless.

Thurmont also has an amazing outdoor facility where they host many IDPA and Cowboy shooting events, but have so much space that members can probably shoot while these are ongoing. It costs more, but I can see the attraction of membership there.

Awesome. Thank you, Fidelity. I'll do some research on those clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom