• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Brother just got me a handgun for Christmas. Im a MI state resident, however, active duty military living on Fort Meade. Gun is registered in MI. Should I even bother trying to apply for a wear and carry permit?

You military police? If not don't bother

Don't listen to the naysayer from southern MD. The correct answer is like a good adult diaper, depends on what you do and if you have a security clearance and which type.

elind

Dec 22, 2013
    Fort Meade
    That's what i firgured. My brother always asks me how people even live in MD. At least there is an indoor range close to me.

elind

Dec 22, 2013
    Fort Meade

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Also don't blindly accept statements or decisions made by Gov. Hogan's State Police as truthful or final.

Read the trial transcripts in Snowden and Scherr to see what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Stoveman

TV Personality
    Patriot Picket
    Sep 2, 2013
    Cuba on the Chesapeake
    Also don't blindly accept statements or decisions made by Gov. Hogan's State Police as truthful or final.

Read the trial transcripts in Snowden and Scherr to see what I mean.

No disrespect, but you're going to lose the newbies who have no clue what you are talking about.

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    No disrespect, but you're going to lose the newbies who have no clue what you are talking about.

Exactly. Do some research. There are a lot of good threads here. Think about your situation. Develop your position on Question #23/G&S. Listen to some of the hearing audio. Run your position by someone you have come to trust that isn't suffering from Stage 4 BGOS. And whatever you do don't take what the MSP LD is spewing at the moment based on years of political influenced traditions discourage you from applying.

welder516

Deplorable Welder
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Underground Bunker
    Short story .....................................I once listened to a gun store in Glen Burnie that I could never get a gun permit even as a business owner . I did not pursue it any further for 5 years I took his word for it because I thought he had no reason to lie or bs me because he was a so called gun guy .

My biggest mistake , find your way and keep asking and don't take no as a answer . IMHO

Tungsten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 1, 2012
    Elkridge, Leftistan
    Sometimes we are our own best enemy.
    Do your own research. You very well may be eligible under Gov. Hogan's current scheme.

Start here:
    http://wiki.marylandshallissue.org/index.php?title=Maryland_Handgun_Permit

Looks like someone is having fun with that link:
    Without a permit, Lawful Transport in Maryland is unloaded and restricted. Lawful carry in Maryland is only permitted under certain circumstances. Lorem Ipsum is simply dummy text of the printing and typesetting industry. Lorem Ipsum has been the industry's standard dummy text ever since the 1500s, when an unknown printer took a galley of type and scrambled it to make a type specimen book. It has survived not only five centuries, but also the leap into electronic typesetting, remaining essentially unchanged. It was popularised in the 1960s with the release of Letraset sheets containing Lorem Ipsum passages, and more recently with desktop publishing software like Aldus PageMaker including versions of Lorem Ipsum.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    Feel free to register on MSI's website and update, improve and/or expand the articles.

highli99

Ultimate Member
    Nov 10, 2015
    West Side
    If you are patient, persistent, can afford it, then go for it. People here will help you.

If you are living in MD you might need to register your HG here. Can be done online I think. IAMAL though

TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    Has anyone gone through the renewal process lately? Curious what documents they want. The wording on the app is unclear and no response from MSP to my inquiry yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom