• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maryland DINO movement

• Total voters
    • Poll closed .

Hate Work

Nov 29, 2016
    CentralMD.
    Could have changed since last I checked but PG county was second only to DC with % support for HRC. Any part of PG sliced into a dist makes it a win for DP.

And for those like me that don't have permission to access the link above....
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-appeals-u-s-supreme-court-overturn-maryland-congressional-gerrymander/

A good visual to see just how twisted politics are. Maryland learned well from states like North Carolina, Louisiana, Florida and Texas. No wonder it feels like our town's voices aren't heard....

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/1/1532608/-No-Maryland-is-not-the-most-gerrymandered-state-There-is-more-to-gerrymandering-than-ugly-shapes

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    Isn't a real problem with primaries the dearth of competitive candidates to choose from? We need more people to step up.

The real problem is that Maryland is a Sanctuary State and your vote is being cancelled by the thousands who are here illegally. We have 12 Guats living right next door, 6 Haitians two doors down, a Jamacian, Costa Rican and unemployed female guest on the court...now that's problems!

Lew--Ranger63

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Great input.

Anyone who wants to help can do this:

Look at your district. Know who your elected officials are, if they are long term Democrat incumbents; look at the margin they won by in the last couple Democrat only Primary elections. Then look if they had any opposition from their own (Democrat) party. This next election (2018), consider running (even as a Democrat) in your district. If you can't run yourself try to find someone to run as a Democrat in your district. Then, we get as many people as possible to vote as a Democrat in your district for that new candidate over the incumbent Democrat.

If we try hard enough and help them campaign during the Democrat Primary election - there is a chance we can oust the incumbent Democrat.

Even if we fail, the incumbent will be put on notice that we will challenge them at every opportunity; and we will force the incumbent to spend more money to oppose their own Democrat running against them in the Primary. This is less money that they won't have to run with during the General election against the Republican.

You can obviously vote for the Republican in the General election as you like, even if you are a registered Democrat.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    Great input.

Look at your district. Know who your elected officials are, if they are long term Democrat incumbents; look at the margin they won by in the last couple Democrat only Primary elections. Then look if they had any opposition from their own (Democrat) party. This next election (2018), consider running (even as a Democrat) in your district. If you can't run yourself try to find someone to run as a Democrat in your district. Then, we get as many people as possible to vote as a Democrat in your district for that new candidate over the incumbent Democrat.

If we try hard enough and help them campaign during the Democrat Primary election - there is a chance we can oust the incumbent Democrat.

Even if we fail, the incumbent will be put on notice that we will challenge them at every opportunity; and we will force the incumbent to spend more money to oppose their own Democrat running against them in the Primary. This is less money that they won't have to run with during the General election against the Republican.

You can obviously vote for the Republican in the General election as you like, even if you are a registered Democrat.

An interesting idea. I am nobody's vision of a possible candidate, and I don't envision much Party support to run against the Anointed Ones. That said, what are the requirements to get on the ballot?

Mr H

Banana'd
    An interesting idea. I am nobody's vision of a possible candidate, and I don't envision much Party support to run against the Anointed Ones. That said, what are the requirements to get on the ballot?

It may vary slightly among jurisdictions, but I would suggest contacting your county Central Committee for some guidance.

Last edited:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

It may vary slightly among jurisdictions, but I would suggest contacting your county Central Committee for some guidance.

Agreed.

Everyone should consider it.

It's easy to apply, easy to cast a vote for a new candidate in the Primary; if you are a registered Democrat.

Please consider it.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!

It's $50 to register to run. Advertising costs the most, but you could do well just speaking at many events. Feel free to attend a committee meeting, or PM me and I can put you in touch with someone that will help.

And for those like me that don't have permission to access the link above....
    http://www.judicialwatch.org/press-room/press-releases/judicial-watch-appeals-u-s-supreme-court-overturn-maryland-congressional-gerrymander/

A good visual to see just how twisted politics are. Maryland learned well from states like North Carolina, Louisiana, Florida and Texas. No wonder it feels like our town's voices aren't heard....

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/1/1532608/-No-Maryland-is-not-the-most-gerrymandered-state-There-is-more-to-gerrymandering-than-ugly-shapes

This is excellent insight, and I believe it's true; nationally the Republicans have been more guilty than the Dems on this, but we live in Maryland and need to address it here.

Thanks, this was very informative: http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/...re-is-more-to-gerrymandering-than-ugly-shapes

tsmith1499

Poor C&R Collector
    Jan 10, 2012
    Southern Mount Airy, Md.
    It's $50 to register to run. Advertising costs the most, but you could do well just speaking at many events. Feel free to attend a committee meeting, or PM me and I can put you in touch with someone that will help.

This is excellent insight, and I believe it's true; nationally the Republicans have been more guilty than the Dems on this, but we live in Maryland and need to address it here.

Thanks, this was very informative: http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/6/...re-is-more-to-gerrymandering-than-ugly-shapes

You also have to set up a campaign contribution bank account and appoint a treasurer.

Whiskey

Sep 28, 2012
    Crownsville, MD
    Great input.

Good stuff. :thumbsup:

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Friend of the Constitution:

"Howard County isn't a lost cause just yet. We have a Republican Executive in Kittleman, who was representing us in the State Senate beforehand. I've met him a couple of times and spoken with him. I like him.

Over time though, I see this county going more liberal as the liberals with money from Montgomery County flee what they have created there. I relocated from Montgomery County, and a lot of the parents I know from my kids' school have done the same. I keep telling them that we need to make sure we do not screw up this county like we did Montgomery County. Not sure they are all getting the picture, and it really pisses me off. I mean, they left Montgomery County for better schools and a better community here, and they still want to put forth their liberal policies. It really boggles my mind.

Would a DINO movement be a good thing here? Sure.

we've all moved now and then, most times because of jobs or family situations, not much blame for those that bring their political beliefs with them, even when I agree with you and disagree with them. Stopping the gerrymandering and returning the vote back to the people should be a top concern for all of us.

If you can find a better way to break this cycle of corruption, it may be a salvation for us all.

Many fewer Democrats historically vote during the 'Primary' (where they choose which Democrat will run during the General election against a Republican candidate).

MIDTERM-ELECTION-2016-e1479823891619.jpg

In this state, the Democrats have created a monopoly on the vote, called gerrymandering, where our vote does not count. We have one chance, next year to make all the difference in the world to upset them. For many of us, changing our registration to Democrat so we can vote in their Democrat only districts will help tremendously. This upswell of opposition will forever change the political (unacceptable) stalemate of career political control at the very top. These Career politicians MUST GO.

Its as simple as this:

If you are running for office, or strongly supporting a Republican politician; keep doing that.

If you have not voted in years because you realized your vote didn't matter, please register now as a Democrat, and VOTE NOW in the 2018 Primary election.

If you live in a overwhelmingly Democrat district, your vote has been gerrymandered, and your only opportunity to vote where it matters is in the Democrat Primary election. So register as a Democrat, because ONLY registered Democrats can vote in the Primary AGAINST the most anti-American - - career politicians that bully all the other Democrat politicians in Maryland.

You also get to vote 'FOR' any Republican or other politician you wish in the General election. So to put it shortly, you get to vote TWICE against the politicians that are against everything we believe in.

Don't stand there complaining, register as a Democrat, and go VOTE these A-holes out of office in the Primary, and vote against them again in the General election!

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    In advance of my planned appearance in Annapolis to advise my representatives of my feelings concerning pending legislation, I just resumed my Secret Identity as a Democrat. If they bother to check, they'll see that I am ready to exercise my options in the next Dem primary.

You can do it too, it's simple: http://www.elections.maryland.gov/voter_registration/index.html

Have your driver's license available. Takes less than 5 minutes.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    District 30A - Mike Busch.

If you live here, unless you are heavily involved in politics (supporting Republicans) you would likely be better served registering as a Democrat and voting against Mike Busch in the Democrat only Primary election, in 2018:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 12.57.59 PM.jpg
      Screen Shot 2017-02-13 at 12.57.59 PM.jpg
      56.5 KB · Views: 263

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    For anyone who wishes to go to Annapolis to speak with a representative or senator, being able to introduce yourself as a registered Democrat is a particularly sweet feeling, as you put forth your personal views while standing firm on their home ground, so to speak.

The testimony of aggressive DINOs who were pleased to introduce themselves to the Judiciary Committee as Democrats made me smile, a lot.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    For anyone who wishes to go to Annapolis to speak with a representative or senator, being able to introduce yourself as a registered Democrat is a particularly sweet feeling, as you put forth your personal views while standing firm on their home ground, so to speak.

The testimony of aggressive DINOs who were pleased to introduce themselves to the Judiciary Committee as Democrats made me smile, a lot.

I too take great pleasure in discussing 2A issues, especially with Democrats, and explaining I'm a registered democrat. :D

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan

Do they have super secret access to the voter registration data bases?

If they do, it would be easy for them to identify the DINOs and when they changed party affiliation. Especially if folks are changing back and forth between primary and general elections.

Then not pay a bit of attention to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom