• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CasualObserver

Who Observes the Observer
    Apr 27, 2012
    Maryland Born Now in Vermont
    Well I didn't call Sarco because I thought they closed down. I want to order new repo extractor and spring. It looks like they're alive and well..... true or false? Playing with it tonight it does in fact grab the rim, maybe it is only the spring? When I tore it down I stretched it a tad hoping that would cure it, nope didn't happen.

You are probably thinking of Samco out of Florida. They went out of business.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I used to order stuff from Sarco and always faxed orders over before they put up their commerce enabled website. I got around slow service by marking my fax to the attention of MG Dave. He was the only bright spot at that place. Always treated me well (I did buy lots of BREN stuff from them!). After Sarco started the policy of refusing to honor MD C&R for items I decided they didn't need my business and have found what I needed somewhere else. Hopefully they'll get your order to you correct and soon.
    Good luck on fixing the P08. I had to replace the entire "upper" on mine after an accident occurred while changing the original barrel which was extremely corroded. The barrel extension was damaged and I ended up getting a replacement with barrel attached. Had to so a lot of hand lapping to get it to fit the original breech block and frame. But was successful and now have an uber smooooth action and operation.

tallen702

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 3, 2012
    In the boonies of MoCo
    I used to order stuff from Sarco and always faxed orders over before they put up their commerce enabled website. I got around slow service by marking my fax to the attention of MG Dave. He was the only bright spot at that place. Always treated me well (I did buy lots of BREN stuff from them!). After Sarco started the policy of refusing to honor MD C&R for items I decided they didn't need my business and have found what I needed somewhere else. Hopefully they'll get your order to you correct and soon.

Bought my FAL kit from them, they were fast and took care of the single missing piece from my order in a timely manner.

It's best to call them than just rely on the website though. Their customer service reps are generally very pleasant.

GodOfVice

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    It arrived late afternoon, dissembled and reinstalled when she and the dogs went to bed. The new spring was INCREDIBLY tight and bigger than the old one. After wrestling and gentle forcing here and there it went back together..... guess what? The 101 year old pistol now WORKS! Ammo sensitive but I can live with that. Seems to like cheap Walmart Perfecta over 4 other brands, go figure.

Attachments

• IMG_5876.JPG
      IMG_5876.JPG
      54 KB · Views: 43
    • IMG_5877.JPG
      IMG_5877.JPG
      53.2 KB · Views: 45
    • IMG_5879.JPG
      IMG_5879.JPG
      61.1 KB · Views: 45
    • IMG_5880.JPG
      IMG_5880.JPG