• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    Anyone selling these yet in MD?

A phone call to MSP said they are approved. Was considering the Shield 9, but this .45 is calling my name loudly.

Beware of Dog
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 16, 2013
    AA Co
    Yes and... while they may be approved, it was the last session I believe and I don't think they are formally included on the roster as of yet.. One of our IP's said it would be mid-Dec.. I know a couple who have them in jail, waiting for their release... ;)

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    Yea the roster doesn't have them listed yet, but the licensing lady said they are approved.

I'll give it a few more weeks maybe. I may have to run down to TMGN and try it out.

Thanx guys

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    A1 Uniform posted they have them. I bought one a few weeks ago and it's in their safe awaiting a get out of jail card.

Sweet is what I call it.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    A1 Uniform posted they have them. I bought one a few weeks ago and it's in their safe awaiting a get out of jail card.

Sweet is what I call it.

Not on the roster yet as of 12/2, so we'll see. I presume MSP is in no particular hurry to update the roster, so probably early next year would be my guess, maybe Jan. or Feb. time frame.

I'm hoping Apex Tactical will soon offer an action enhancement upgrade kit for the Shield 45, I contacted them about it and expect I'll get a reply before long. I assume the Shield 45 is going to benefit quite a bit from an Apex kit, the out of the box Shield pull weight is on the order of 6 to 7 lbs., so almost anything you can do is going to be an improvement.

Jagzilla

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 5, 2013
    Not on the roster yet as of 12/2, so we'll see. I presume MSP is in no particular hurry to update the roster, so probably early next year would be my guess, maybe Jan. or Feb. time frame.

I'm hoping Apex Tactical will soon offer an action enhancement upgrade kit for the Shield 45, I contacted them about it and expect I'll get a reply before long. I assume the Shield 45 is going to benefit quite a bit from an Apex kit, the out of the box Shield pull weight is on the order of 6 to 7 lbs., so almost anything you can do is going to be an improvement.

Was told should be on the list December 14. Just in time for Christmas.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    To the OP...........I see you posted this in the Capitol Region. Greg and Mike and A1Uniform should have a few in stock as I know other members snagged them pending approval. Check with them if you want one. I will be In the shop today to drop something off and can see but it would be best to call them around 11

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    Thanks for the info. Glad it made it on the roster. Gonna wait until after the New Year. Too many holiday expenses right now.

THier

R.I.P.
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 3, 2010
    Muscleville
    Baltimore's best pawn (IP) has a couple, I almost bought one, but "settled" on a performance center 9mm instead.

Shoobedoo

US Army Veteran
    Jun 1, 2013
    Keyser WV
    Thanks for the info. Glad it made it on the roster. Gonna wait until after the New Year. Too many holiday expenses right now.

PSA has em' on sale for $369 plus free shipping, that's a very good deal and I doubt you'd find it for much less anyplace else.

It's one of their "daily deals" and it expires at midnight tonite, but they run these ads frequently so even if you miss out on this one it will likely appear again before too long.

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    Not sure if anyone here uses GB, but there's several NIB Shield 45 models for sale at a "buy it now" price of $349.99 with free ship/no CC fees/no tax. My local FFL even said to buy it at that price.

Last edited:

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    Well I got me one. Luv the new grip design. It's barely any larger or heavier than my XDS-9. Went a little overboard and also ordered a set of Truglo Pro Tritium night sights, two extra mags and a some kydex carry gear. Now just gotta get the sights on & get to the range.

I was gonna try to install the sights, but wondering if anyone knows of a local shop that could do it for a reasonable fee & save me the stress.

S6T6

Dec 23, 2012
    Once I can get to the range I'll shoot the Shield 45 along with my XDS 9 and provide a comparison. I have a G27 (.40cal) with a lot of range time on it and don't think it's hard to shoot at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom