• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    MD Shooters, (Moved this from training to EasternShore Board)
    I'm looking for local (on DELMARVA) basic (progressing to advanced) defensive pistol, carbine,and eventually shotgun training. I also may want to consider refreshing on an NRA Basic Pistol to get started.

The local outfit that keeps popping up in my Google search is Atlantic Tactical (aligned with Mitchell's Martial Arts) in Salisbury.

I see some comments in the forum by someone from Atlantic Tactical, and I want to see what any past students have to say.

I don't really see the kind of courses I want to take listed on their site, but maybe I should start with their NRA Pistol as a refresher.. I'm already very proficient with a rifle but want to start the defensive training.

Anyone take their NRA Pistol ?

BTW any comments on their simulator ?
    Thanks in advance..
    Ducks

303_enfield

Ultimate Member
    May 30, 2007
    DelMarVa
    That would be RS Mitchell (kenpo333). I've haven't played with the simulator yet. I sent SWMBO to his classes, she learned a ton. Much better for his trainers to deal with her then me.

He is the best (non LEO) game on the Shore.

Mako

MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2016
    ES of MD
    Great guy. My wife and I took the HQL and Utah classes with R.S. in January. I missed out on a NRA defensive pistol class do to scheduling conflict earlier this year.

He will give it to you straight and add in some stories. I have all intentions of taking more training classes with him and have also been bouncing around the idea I turning the simulator into a birthday party if it can be done.

Give him a call, and ask him about his classes.

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    RS/KENPO is first rate. He knows his stuff cold.

He also is quite diligent in keeping himself and his trainers all up to date.

His gear, his range and his simulator are top of the line.

You will not regret any time or money invested with Atlantic Tactical/KENPO.

DucksRFlyin

Jul 31, 2016
    Thanks for the comments

Hey all.. thanks for the replies.. I'll be off to their web site to look for class dates.

Bisleyfan44

Ultimate Member
    Jan 11, 2008
    Wicomico
    He also is quite diligent in keeping himself and his trainers all up to date.

I talked with one of his trainers at the Somerset County Fair this summer. He promoted taking their HQL class. When I related I already had mine and had taken no class, but had been exempted because of previous regulated firearm ownership, he was floored. Had no idea, probably still doesn't believe me, that one could get an HQL without training. Up to date? Hmmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom