• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Fire-Medic

Jan 18, 2017
    Hello,

Well divorce and illness force my move north, and I will be relocating to the Davidsonville area.

I will be coming from FL and have a few NFA items. I could really use some help here to get squared away, not sure what I need to do as I never intended to be leaving FL for a state as strict as MD with firearms. No more CCW etc......geesh.

Anyhow I'm looking forward to integrating myself around here and learning what I need to do in order to get myself and my toys safely up there, and where are the good ranges to go shoot, especially to hit steel with rifles.

Thanks
    FM

GoldGunsGirls

May 30, 2012
    Rockville
    Welcome!

I'm not an an NFA expert, but the major difference between MD and the rest of the country is the OAL requirement. Nothing under 29" OAL. So if you have SBRs you might have to reconfigure with a longer barrel (or sell before you get here). No difference with suppressors and I'm not 100% sure, but no difference with MGs either, to my knowledge.

You probably don't need legal representation just to move some NFA stuff up here.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 126

Fire-Medic

Jan 18, 2017
    Thanks everyone. Looks like I might be coming up sooner rather than later. Gonna have to fire sale a few things down here first. Shouldn't take too long to settle in just will be drastic life change for me. Leaving my kids behind is not easy. Anyhow appreciate the kind words from everyone, and hope to see you out there.

sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    Welcome to the People's Republic of Maryland.

On the MG front, you need to register them with the state police and pay 10.00 a year. Aldo no 29" OAL requirement. Otherwise just do your 5320.20s on stuff.

Qbeam

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2008
    Georgia
    Welcome, as for your NFA items, I recall a buddy having to do paperwork to notify ATF of change of residence or something to that effect. Don't know if it is for individuals or trusts. Better safe than sorry.

Once again, welcome to Maryland Shooters.

Q

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom