• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Help! I want a competition type holster for my p89dc. All I can find are concealed or duty type. The ability to put a drop offset would be amazing because girls have hips. Hopefully someone here knows a source other than the Google foo which hasn't been helpful.

A holster made for another gun but which will retain the p89dc for hanging out at steel challenge would work too.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    i don’t shoot competition but could you get a duty style holster and drop it a bit with a nylon strap and then kinda high thigh rig it or is that a complete fail?

I’ll delete my post after you see it so as not to cloud your thread

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    That's cheap enough to try. I wonder if I could swap out the paddle. I have a high waist, and long arms, so the problem with things tucked into my belt is that they ride so dang high to draw.

That's cheap enough to try. I wonder if I could swap out the paddle. I have a high waist, and long arms, so the problem with things tucked into my belt is that they ride so dang high to draw.

If you're talking about the Fobus, their retention system is based on "twist and pull". It is different than most other retention holsters. For steel challenge, you can simply loosen the holster's screws so the pistol comes out easily.
    I really like my Fobus paddle holsters.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    Just remember if you plan on shooting USPSA/SCSA (legally) they have the same holster rules. Open and Limited gun holster can be 3-3/8" from the inner belt and race holsters allowed. Production and Carry Optics the space shrinks to 2-3/8" and it can't be a race type holster.

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    Thanks all, I'm not looking for anything crazy, and I don't shoot anything sanctioned, so that's not a big concern. This would be easier if comp tac or someone made one.

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    P89 are " Orphan Pistols " , particularly in the competition specific context it doesn't make business sense for high volume mfg to produce for them .

You might look for a smaller outfit that offers custom work .

( I can point you to concealment , field, and quasi- duty holsters , but that's not what you're seeking here .)

knovotny

Feb 5, 2013
    Aberdeen, MD
    I got to the end of the internet last night searching through custom holster makers and found a couple who will do a p89. So many browser tabs open to sort through in the light of day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom