• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MKR03

Apr 1, 2014
    State of Montgomery
    Why does every ambidextrous safety have one long throw and one short throw safeties? The right hander throw are long and the left hander safety is short... Can't anyone make both sides long throws for us lefties???

By "throw" you mean the length of the lever? If so, look at the pic I posted above of the BAD ASS. Many customizable options. I like one short (on the right side, since I'm a righty) because longer ones seem to interfere with my grip/trigger finger.

bkuether

Judge not this race .....
    Jan 18, 2012
    Marriottsville, MD
    Why does every ambidextrous safety have one long throw and one short throw safeties? The right hander throw are long and the left hander safety is short... Can't anyone make both sides long throws for us lefties???

I am a lefty as well. Try the Noveske with the reduced throw. I think you will like it..... If you ever shoot at AGC I can let you try mine. Let me know if you want to meet up sometime, I live ten minutes away.... :party29:

redsandman6

Dec 22, 2011
    Dundalk
    I like the BAD ambi set, nice machining, smooth to operate and secure detents,9 different levers to choose from, they have 45 and 90 degree sets. I prefer 90 degree, mostly out of habit, no question if it's engaged or not. I like the ambi lever, so I can deactivate the safety with my thumb, and engage it with my trigger finger.

I have seen this done a lot with an ambi safety. i think it personal preference and you are going to have to try some other safeties to see what fits you the best. we all have different hands sizes and ranges of motions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    LikeThatHendrix

Latest threads

Top Bottom