• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Waz

SHAZAM!!!
    Dec 15, 2012
    Glen Burnie-ish
    My guess - it was originally designed for some low-budget sci-fi dystopian-future made-for-TV movie, in which the future bad guys cobble together parts to make Frankenguns.

i think i first saw them as part of mossbergs ZMB (zombie) series. so capitalizing on a gimmick?

Abellmio

May 17, 2011
    I really love the collapsible stock on there. Really sells the bottom of the bin tacticool vibe that they seem to be going with on that gun.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    I really love the collapsible stock on there. Really sells the bottom of the bin tacticool vibe that they seem to be going with on that gun.

Attachments

• nevabeendonebefo.jpg
      nevabeendonebefo.jpg
      30.3 KB · Views: 178

JBinDC

Ultimate Member
    Aug 29, 2012
    MoCo - Silver Spring
    I believe this would be the creation in question.

http://www.mossberg.com/product/rifles-lever-action-centerfire-mossberg-464-spx/41026

What in the HELL was Mossberg thinkin'?!:facepalm:

Hehe, shamefully, that was my first rifle when they first came out. Yes even before a Mosin. Why, do you ask? Well, if you don't typically like AR's, but still want a high powered home defense carbine, one could argue the lever 30-30 (or 357) was the first one used for CQB. Also if you simply don't have the coin for an AR, that could be the next best thing for a house gun - short, powerful, and ammo available in most stores that sell ammo.

Thankfully, years later I made a bit more money, and figured out that the action was really crap once I cycled a really nice Winchester Lever. So I decided to trade it up for a G17 bedside table gun. Then learned I didn't like the "Glock Hump" after shooting someone's G19, so traded +cash to Lou45 for the Colt HBAR I have today.

Which I still don't shoot anywhere near as much as my older Marlin Lever, or my Mossberg Bolt Rifle that takes my AR mags... If MD didn't say I couldn't have one(this is before it came out that HBAR's were exempt), I probably wouldn't have gotten any AR to fulfill my "one and only rifle" role... So, my AR, sits in the safe, loaded and wet, readily awaiting the apocalypse....

So why buy one? For me it was part of "the journey" of learning bout what I like and don't like...

Oh, and truth be told, although I'd never do it to my cherry Marlin 336, I do still love this thing from Grizzly Custom Guns:

http://www.grizzlycustom.com/custom_lever_action_rifle_tactical.html

Looks like somethin Mad Max would shoot! If I ever come across a beater lever to convert into one of these, I'm totally getting one built!

grizzly_custom_guns_tactical_marlin_1894_package_picatinny_rail_forend_scout_1.jpg

embermage

Sep 20, 2013
    Rising Sun
    You know for all the jeering at the rifle, it would work well if the gun needs to be passed around in a family. The adjustable length of pull is a nice feature, the rails could have been left off.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    Hehe, shamefully, that was my first rifle when they first came out. Yes even before a Mosin. Why, do you ask? Well, if you don't typically like AR's, but still want a high powered home defense carbine, one could argue the lever 30-30 (or 357) was the first one used for CQB. Also if you simply don't have the coin for an AR, that could be the next best thing for a house gun - short, powerful, and ammo available in most stores that sell ammo.

Thankfully, years later I made a bit more money, and figured out that the action was really crap once I cycled a really nice Winchester Lever. So I decided to trade it up for a G17 bedside table gun. Then learned I didn't like the "Glock Hump" after shooting someone's G19, so traded +cash to Lou45 for the Colt HBAR I have today.

Which I still don't shoot anywhere near as much as my older Marlin Lever, or my Mossberg Bolt Rifle that takes my AR mags... If MD didn't say I couldn't have one(this is before it came out that HBAR's were exempt), I probably wouldn't have gotten any AR to fulfill my "one and only rifle" role... So, my AR, sits in the safe, loaded and wet, readily awaiting the apocalypse....

So why buy one? For me it was part of "the journey" of learning bout what I like and don't like...

Oh, and truth be told, although I'd never do it to my cherry Marlin 336, I do still love this thing from Grizzly Custom Guns:

http://www.grizzlycustom.com/custom_lever_action_rifle_tactical.html

Looks like somethin Mad Max would shoot! If I ever come across a beater lever to convert into one of these, I'm totally getting one built!

grizzly_custom_guns_tactical_marlin_1894_package_picatinny_rail_forend_scout_1.jpg

Lose the cheese grater stock and I can see the appeal of your rifle.

In .357, you'd have what, 12 or more rounds at your disposal?

Would be a great home defense gun.

mopar92

Official MDS Court Jester
    May 5, 2011
    Taneytown
    Its made and marketed to ban states. Face it adjustable LOP and a place to add a light are pretty much a necessity on a HD gun. The cartridge is useful, effective and ubiquitous. If ya cant get your grubby little paws (legally) on something more purpose made it will suffice.

Sirex