• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TrappedinMD

Dec 15, 2011
    Western MD
    I dont know about anyone else but i am PUMPED to head out to the woods tomorrow with my bow! Who else is heading out in search of a deer? Bow or cross bow?

proofyeq

Dec 22, 2013
    SoMD
    Unfortunately I can't make it out until Tuesday, but good luck to anyone making opening day tomorrow, it's going to be a hot one.

itsslow98

Ultimate Member
    Nov 8, 2010
    Harford County, MD
    I will be in the woods. I couldnt be less prepared unfortunately but Im gonna at least see what is walking around. Rumor has it a few bucks have been hanging around my stand the past few weeks. I havent put out corn or put my cameras out yet which is unreal for me. That will all get taken care of tomorrow though. Good luck everyone.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    I can not make it out until this afternoon, but I'm going out definitely. Once my oldest gets off the bus it's game on. I have seen a lot of movement on the property I am hunting this year. I set the gear about two weeks ago since I just received permission for the property not too long ago. My boy and I are pumped and ready to fill the freezer. Good luck to all.

BigCountry14

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 17, 2013
    I think im going to try tomorrow. A little two hot but the bucks have been moving midday for the last few weeks near my stands...might be the best chance to catch one before they move into their fall patterns.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I will be taking my Mathews out this afternoon as a matter of tradition( I always try to hunt opening and closing day). There are only two seasons in my year. Deer season, and the rest of the year. Live to hunt. :clap:

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    I was planning on it but I'm just not set up to take care of a deer in this heat yet.

Put 3-4 bags of ice in a cooler, pack it real good to get it home or to meat cutter. Once home, skin and quarter it and cooler it till you can break it down fully. You have more time before spoilage than you think. If you use a meat cutting service, call to see how late he will be open. Now get yer ass out there and hunt! Just kidding. Wanted to offer a couple ideas to beat the heat. :D

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    Put 3-4 bags of ice in a cooler, pack it real good to get it home or to meat cutter. Once home, skin and quarter it and cooler it till you can break it down fully. You have more time before spoilage than you think. If you use a meat cutting service, call to see how late he will be open. Now get yer ass out there and hunt! Just kidding. Wanted to offer a couple ideas to beat the heat. :D

I also freeze several clean soda or juice bottles full of water and put them in a cooler in my truck when it's warm. Then I do the same thing above until I can break it down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom