• Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    I haven't had this issue with GB myself. I have had this issue with Wideners. I like both but understand Pine Cone's frustration as that's what I felt with Wideners. You get pretty darned frustrated when technology doesn't work. Getting someone on the phone to try to remedy the issue is my beef when it occurs. Good luck OP.

Funny, I am having a similar issue with Wideners. I cannot log in, I change my password and I still can't log in.

But what I wanted to order is now out of stock, so they are low priority.

But GB is a different matter. My wife wants us to get one of teh inexpensive Brownings, and when OKs a new firearm, I JUMP at it. :)

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    This is not unique to MDS. Almost every major web host can track not only IPS but where you came from (the referring page) but where you left and exited to. Most website like MDS and the several websites I have run and still run have little interest in the info unless the individual is causing an issue.

Most of the time the problems with verification is that people are so friggin impatient that password recovery features are clicked more than once because the individual thought they didn't get it the first time.

These one time keys are then replaced with new ones the second time the user submits the lost password or didn't get the email button and the first is disposed of.

The user is getting the mails in delay and consequently keep getting delinquent dysfunctional links.

I am not sure if this is the current case but it seems like his impatience may be getting the better of him. If i was a betting man I would assume that he will get a new email when he wakes up and clicks it one last time and it works.

Nope, clicked once and waited for the email. Later, clicked again and waited for the email. Repeat several times.

I have been doing this for a while. I wait at least an hour for the email to show up. Between their system delays and email systems, it can take a while.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Finally heard back from GB Support.

HA, they tell me I have to put in the same Zip Code as is on my account. This AFTER I told them that I was NOT getting any page, except "This link is not valid."

I even sent them screen shots.

So their reply????

Once you click on the link you will be asked for your zipcode. Please go to Sign in and select the Forgot Your Password again so a fresh link can be sent to you.

HOW MANY TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL THEM THE LINK IS NOT WORKING.

And before some other "helpful" person suggests it is my browser, same problem in IE and Chrome.

Some help.

The good news is, I called the company selling directly, and bought the pistol. And GB gets NOTHING. :)

OrangeSpear

NRA Member
    Feb 4, 2010
    Owings Mills
    Trying to buy something off of Gun Broker.

I can't log into my account. So I request a password reset. I get the email, click the link and get a Link Invalid message. Try again, get the same thing.

So I try to register an account with another email address. I get the Activation code, try to activate, and get a message that they cannot activate my aco**** since I am outside the US. Which is not correct.

And it says I must contact Customer Support to tell them what I plan on doig with the account. OK, but to contact Customer Support, you need to log into your account. Which I can't do, because they will not activate it.

So I have my wife setup an account. She gets the activation code, and activates the account. And gets a message that her account is flagged for some reason and cannot be activated at this time, until they look at it.

ARGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

I have had almost the exact same issue. My third account attempt was flagged due to to many accounts from one IP address.

I gave up and never looked back.

Funny thing is, I still get 3 emails about my monthly Gun Broker balance from my "3" accounts. Which is zero but funny that I get emails about accounts that I can't access.

Boss94

Ultimate Member
    Feb 15, 2013
    Gb is great til there is a problem ! I had purchased a item and never received it the guy was a fraud . After countless e mails and paperwork it took a year for them to reimburse me . Other than that I have gotten some good deals on there.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    They are STILL working on the problem. Now elevated to a higher level.

They FINALLY got it, that I was not getting to a page to enter ANYTHING.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom