• ...and so much more!
  • EL1227

R.I.P.
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 14, 2010
    BuffaloNews.com -

Associates defend man who had gun in school

Say he made honest mistake in incident prompting school lockdown

He was a well-known face in the movement for the SAFE Act, the state law that made carrying a gun on school property a felony. He was also a familiar presence in the hallways of the city’s Harvey Austin Elementary School, where he worked in the after-school program and mentored students.

No one imagined that on Thursday he would show up at the school in possession of a gun, touching off an hours-long lockdown, search and ultimately his arrest on two felony charges.

Dime-to-a-dollar he skates ... probably with some backroom arm-twisting from Cuomo. After all, it was just an "honest mistake", but let a 2A advocate make the same 'mistake', NY would throw the book at him.

Last edited:

boricuamaximus

Ultimate Member
    Dec 27, 2008
    I love it. I like how it was an anonymous call. That tells me he was always carrying in the school. Pissed someone off and they got back at him.

I also love the quote "he was in a position to help out the police if there was a shooter present"

Apply that to CCW for all and they say people will kill themselves...

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    He was arraigned on Friday and released on his own recognizance. He had to turn over his .38 caliber handgun, which he has a permit to carry. He says he wasn’t aware he wasn’t allowed to have a gun on him in a school, even though there has been a law banning the possession of any gun in any school on the books nationwide for more than 20 years.

“I wasn’t aware of that at the time. At that point I had just stopped through for a few minutes to see my young men because I had just come from a funeral. That’s all it was,” he said.

Police say Ferguson lied to officers about having a gun on him during the lockdown.

He said, “No police officer asked me at all if I had a gun with a permit. No police officer asked me that at all.”

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    I wonder if he had 7 or fewer rounds in the mag...

It's funny...NY State issues 'pistol permits' county by county. Each county, depending on the Justice, has different guidelines and restrictions regarding what each can do with their guns, but the permit is good statewide. For example, Wyoming County (very rural Western NY) almost always issues CCW with every permit, and they can carry this way anywhere they go in NY, except the city. However, Erie County (where Buffalo is located) only very recently has begun to allow CCW, unless you have had a permit for something like 30+ years or are a store owner, carry large amounts of case, etc. If this guy was from Buffalo, I'd like to know how he got connected to get a carry permit if they weren't issuing them until only recently. He clearly broke the law.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    I wonder if he had 7 or fewer rounds in the mag...

The 7 round limit in NY has been overturned. They can now carry 10 in a 10 round mag.

I just think it is poetic justice a guy who lobbied for the SAFE Act gets busted for a firearms violation. He may be a good guy, but I have no sympathy for hypocrites.

spclopr8tr

Whatchalookinat?
    Apr 20, 2013
    TN
    How is that possible?

I've known many people I would describe as good even if hypocritical in their "do as I say rather than as I do" mentality. Politicians and preachers come to mind. But I see your point that "good" and "hypocrite" may be mutually exclusive. Although I guess he be good at being a hypocrite.

Feb 28, 2013
    If libtards know they were subject to their own legislation they would never propose it in the first place.:mad54:

FrankZ

Liberty = Responsibility
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 25, 2012
    I find it curious that he could be "in a position to help" while carrying a gun he wasn't aware he was carrying.

Reap the whirlwind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom