• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    While I was at the York gunshow this weekend, I came across a guy selling a Pattern 14 rifle that had been cut down to carbine length but was still in military configuration. While I was instantly intrigued, I was almost disappointed as I though it was a bubba special. However, the seller gave me a story that the rifle had been given to New Zealand after other places in the Commonwealth had retired their Pattern 14 rifles, and the guns were shortened for police use in New Zealand. The gun did still retain its bayonet lug and had a strange, Arisaka-like chrysanthemum looking circle on the breech.

Has anybody ever seen/owned one of these rifles or did the guy lead me on? I was interested in buying but by the time I sold what I came for, it was gone.

Additionally, I'm interested to buy/trade for a Pattern 14 or Lee Enfield No. 4 rifle.

chooks9

Bear with Arms
    Jan 3, 2013
    Abingdon
    Pictures please.. Congrats on the pickup...

I was 3 minutes too late selling my shotgun, another guy bought it.

The seller was asking $550. I thought that was slightly high for a Pattern 14, but if it wasn't a bubba job and actually a Kiwi rifle, I'd have paid full price if need be.

I used my Google Fu and I couldn't find anything about a "New Zealand Constable" Pattern 14, so the plot (and the likelihood of Bubba's involvement) thickens.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom