Anyone know of a MD legal 6.8mm spc rifle?

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drking2

Ultimate Member
    Nov 29, 2008
    Carroll County
    Was looking for a 6.8mm spc AR....I know the bcg are different. Does anyone know if there are any maryland legal versions? I know there was a discontinued mini 14 at one point.

Thanks,

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    "looking for a 6.8mm spc AR"

Aren't all of 'em MD-legal? It doesn't have fully interchangeable internal parts (unless you can put the 6.8 bolt in a .223 AR and safely shoot), so it's not a "copy" of an AR-15 under FSA2013. Even if it were a copy, aren't they all heavy barrel profiles?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    "looking for a 6.8mm spc AR"

Aren't all of 'em MD-legal? It doesn't have fully interchangeable internal parts (unless you can put the 6.8 bolt in a .223 AR and safely shoot), so it's not a "copy" of an AR-15 under FSA2013. Even if it were a copy, aren't they all heavy barrel profiles?

No, look at the Stag model 5H, it's an M4 profile with the life threatening grenade launcher cutout.:innocent0

davsco

Ultimate Member
    Oct 21, 2010
    Loudoun, VA
    I'm a virginian where everything's legal, but from what i've seen on mds, piston AR's are legal, and LWRC has a lot of 6.8 models. the lwrc i have had has been 100% reliable.

FlatsFlite

Aug 6, 2012
    King George, VA
    Mine is pre 281, but it should: Heavier contour 18" ARP, non-threaded barrel, and crazy accurate.

I'll try to get my feet in there the next time.

Attachments

• 20150106_175644.jpg
      20150106_175644.jpg
      52 KB · Views: 422

Scott7891

Love those Combloc guns
    Sep 4, 2007
    Back in MD sadly
    The list only mentions the Colt AR-15. Back in 1994 when the list was made Colt only had .223 and 9mm. AR's. 6.8 did not even exist. The law also states "specific" models.

Since 6.8 uses its own bolt and barrel as well as the fact that it did not exist in 1994 it is not regulated.

RoboRay

Oct 16, 2013
    No, look at the Stag model 5H, it's an M4 profile with the life threatening grenade launcher cutout.:innocent0

Interesting, thank you.

That said, though, as the bolt is different, it's got incompatible internal parts, right? So, not a "copy" of the listed Colt AR15 per the same standards applied to piston-driven AR-pattern rifles?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    Interesting, thank you.

That said, though, if the bolt's still different, it's got incompatible internal parts, right? So, not a "copy" of the listed Colt AR15 per the same standards applied to piston-driven AR-pattern rifles?

I wouldn't want to say. All mine are on pre October 1, 2013 lowers.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    The AR I built for DMR uses a PSA 6.8 upper, 20" A2 configuration. I stripped it down, removed the GBFS, removed the Delta ring handguard, and rebuilt from there. I built it while living in MD.

mranaya

Task Force Sunny, 2009
    Jun 19, 2011
    Hanover MD
    Stag's website: (own but never fired this one, and I bought it as an HBAR well after SB281 in MD).

https://www.stagarms.com/model-7-hunter-6-8spc/

Note: (no restrictions named for MD) Website currently states "This product cannot be sold to CT."

Product Specs
    Chamber: 6.8 SPC with a SAAMI SPEC 2 chamber
    Twist Rate: 1/11 button rifled
    Muzzle Device: 11 degree target crown
    Barrel: 20.77", 410 stainless steel, heavy profile, proprietary S7 finish to eliminate glare
    Handguard: Hogue free floating handguard w/ sling swivel attachment
    Upper Receiver: Forged and mil-spec 7075 T6 aluminum with type 3 hard coat anodizing and a picatinny rail on top
    Bolt Carrier: Enhanced semi-auto with a manganese phosphate coating
    Low profile gas block
    Caliber Marking: 6.8 MM
    Trigger: 2-stage match trigger = 2 pound first stage with a 3.5 pound letoff
    Grip: Hogue overmolded grip

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom