• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Soda

Dec 14, 2010
    These guys are making way too much sense.... No way they will get elected.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Vaeth is out of his league sitting in this, he sounds I'll prepared and ametuerish. Which he is. You know, um, you know, um, you know?

Don H

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Hazzard County
    10th "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"

Maybe the Feds making the states tax and collect money to pay for a program they didn't agree to?

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Lollar has a great chance in the city because of the obvious; he outblacks brown

Lollar was CRUSHED by Steny Hoyer in predominately black precincts in PG Co. last election cycle. People vote "D" in MD, unless given a compelling and exigent reason not to. Witness Ehrlich v. Townsend anomaly.

Lollar's a brilliant and great guy with lots of potential, but other than getting some name recognition, he -- and the Republicans -- are pissing in the wind. AND, the Republicans are wasting a talent and precious limited resources. He should have run for a more local office first, where he can have a chance.

ChrisD

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 19, 2013
    Conowingo
    Lollar was CRUSHED by Steny Hoyer in predominately black precincts in PG Co. last election cycle. People vote "D" in MD, unless given a compelling and exigent reason not to. Witness Ehrlich v. Townsend anomaly.

Lollar's a brilliant and great guy with lots of potential, but other than getting some name recognition, he -- and the Republicans -- are pissing in the wind. AND, the Republicans are wasting a talent and precious limited resources. He should have run for a more local office first, where he can have a chance.[/QUOTE]

/\/\ THIS /\/\
    IMO, same goes for Bongino.

ChrisR/T

Resident Beer Snob
    Oct 30, 2008
    Las Vegas, from Hazard County
    10th "The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"

Maybe the Feds making the states tax and collect money to pay for a program they didn't agree to?

That's exactly what the rain tax is. It's a federal regulation that MO'M pushed through the Maryland legislature to help Obama.

danb

dont be a dumbass
    Feb 24, 2013
    google is your friend, I am not.
    Interested in your rationale.

Hogan refused the invitation, and Lollar is already in high gear.

If I had to rate--JUST because of tonight...

Lollar 9.7
    Craig 9.6
    George 8.5
    Hogan 7.5
    Vaeth 7

I have a different personal ranking, but that's irrelevant right now.

I am basing it on the RedMaryland (admittedly completely unscientific) monthly poll of "who will you vote for in the primary." Hogan is already in the lead after barely a month. Since the summer, George, Lollar, and Craig were running neck and neck (and neck) until Hogan joined the race.

January poll:

Hogan - 30.5%
    George - 26.8%
    Lollar -19.9%
    Craig - 6.8%

A candidate in the lead plays defense not offense (hence Hogan not doing the debate).

Hogan-George or Hogan-Craig is the OFWG ticket. I am thinking that won't fly this year. It's always hard to say who the VP slot will go to, but I think Lollar is the best fit for the same reason Gansler chose whatsherface - to credibly bash Brown without getting branded a racist. Of course, there is a lot of time for any of the candidates to totally screw it up.

I like Lollar, but he should have run for a lower office first, he's made a lot of rookie mistakes, and does not have a lot of money in the bank.

Lollar's a brilliant and great guy with lots of potential, but other than getting some name recognition, he -- and the Republicans -- are pissing in the wind.

To win you have to play the game. It is shameful that the GOP does not put up candidates in every single race. Every race. Regardless of the odds.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    You know how hard it is to run? Do you know how think you're skin must be. What of your family?

Running a hopeless race is a fools game.. financial disclosure.. fund razing.. having to walk away from a job or suspend a business... a chance to go to prison if your staff screws up and you violate election law.

Smart folks don't run most of the time... and to so with no chance at all... only a fool or a megolomanic ... sometimes both would do it.

We fix election law... stop turning campaigns into circuses.. ..then maybe..

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Claude

Latest threads

Top Bottom