• ...and so much more!
  • fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    My favorite 2.5" knife (Boker Blackwood Pipsqueak):

6860770599_c8f0b885b0_b.jpg

I had to send my first one back because the lock was loose. Boker replaced it within 2 weeks and I've been happy with the replacement. Blade profile is great, and keeps an edge really well.

If you like the above Boker, check out the Spyderco and Michael Burch collaborative knife, the Chubby with a 2.3" S30V Blade and Titanium Handles with Carbon Fiber inserts. Love the blade profile (that starts from a 4.5mm thick stock!) ...

c183.jpg

large_25802_Spyderco-Chubby-C183TIP-02.jpg

spyderco_amsterdammeet2014_productionprototype_chubby_handle.jpg

SP183TIP_LS1R.jpg

Lots of YouTube videos on the knife as well ...

Most discount places sell it for about $220. It's on sale this week at KnifeCenter and KnifeWorks for $135-140, shipping included, supplies limited ...

http://www.knifecenter.com/item/SP1...bby-folding-s30v-plain-blade-titanium-handles
    http://www.knifeworks.com/spydercoburchchubby.aspx#.V7HwdRQsiUU

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Yeah, I couldn't resist. Perfect for federal building carry (the ones in which folders are allowed).

Love the machined look with curves as well as sharp edges (beyond the blade edge). Beefiest Spyderco that I have. Feels like you're holding a well built tool. The blade lock up is solid with no discernible play. Only complaint is the very tight pocket clip, but this can be fixed.

Attachments

• IMG_20160818_160242.jpg
      IMG_20160818_160242.jpg
      56.2 KB · Views: 641
    • IMG_20160818_160031.jpg
      IMG_20160818_160031.jpg
      90.6 KB · Views: 617
    • IMG_20160818_155529.jpg
      IMG_20160818_155529.jpg
      113.3 KB · Views: 638
    • IMG_20160818_155458.jpg
      IMG_20160818_155458.jpg
      108.4 KB · Views: 634

AssMan

Meh...
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2011
    Somewhere on the James River, VA
    Yeah, I couldn't resist. Perfect for federal building carry (the ones in which folders are allowed).

Love the machined look with curves as well as sharp edges (beyond the blade edge). Beefiest Spyderco that I have. Feels like you're holding a well built tool. The blade lock up is solid with no discernible play. Only complaint is the very tight pocket clip, but this can be fixed.

That's a sweet knife. I may have to order one now

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    As with all small knives, single hand deployment isn't always as smooth as with a large flipper.

However, relative to some more expensive ZT knives that I got over the summer, the quality of this Taichung, Taiwan built knife is impressive. Apparently, this Spyderco factory has a pretty good rep. Having been to Taichung a number of years ago (mostly remember a bar in which numerous cold beers were so very satisfying on a hot and humid night), kind of cool to get something from there.

hodgepodge

Senior Member (Gold)
    Sep 3, 2009
    Arnold, MD

Easily. Nobody uses those.

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Funny story:

Last night a few buddy's and I got together and one of them opens a little (2.5" blade) cold steel knife to open some packaging. I immediately recognized the knife and complemented him on his choice. He said, something to the effect of - yep, I know its a great knife, you recommended it a couple years ago, you recommended it, I picked one up and I've been carrying it since. Then I started thinking, I have that knife too, haven't seen it in at least a year; assumed long lost. Then this morning I was scrambling to get some gear together for a new shooting event (first time for me), so I was digging in some old gun bags, and found my copy of that knife! Ironic; and so very cool!

I carried it all day today, will be my EDC again for a while. Love these little knives, so practical. :D

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Reminiscent of my Spyderco Salsa. Love the thing. Becomes my steak knife pretty often when out. Sharp little bastid.

Attachments

• salsa.jpeg
      salsa.jpeg
      6.8 KB · Views: 405

Dovk0802

Sep 20, 2017
    DC
    Best locking blade is one that doesn’t... fixed blade all the way: Bark River Little Creek (2.3” and every little bit counts as at my building security has a strip of paper with a 2.5” line drawn on it). A couple of times I’ve been told that the fixed blade wasn’t allowed. I just say ok however, I’d like to see where that’s written because all I read in sec 18 USC is that a pocket knife with a blade of less than 2 1/2” is exempt from the weapon classification. When asked why do I need a fixed blade knife? I tell them “I put sugar in my coffee” which of course confuses them. “It gums up the hinge which isn’t safe” while pantomiming stirring...
    Rides flat in front pocket with Faber Castell emotion 1.4mm pencil and a Leatherman Piranha with a hook edge ground sharp enough to cut packaging.

Attachments

• E9D01077-17B0-47CE-8A25-1C6FB0A0FDC6.jpg
      E9D01077-17B0-47CE-8A25-1C6FB0A0FDC6.jpg
      62.8 KB · Views: 334

Speed3

Ultimate Member
    Aug 19, 2011
    MD

Love this knife but can't find it anywhere for $140, Amazon has it for $335 but I don't love it that much

fidelity

piled higher and deeper
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 15, 2012
    Frederick County
    Love this knife but can't find it anywhere for $140, Amazon has it for $335 but I don't love it that much
    They were discounted for the period of time that I got mine (a family member liked it a lot, so ended up passing it along). Carry this Spyderco Para 3 below now (need a better pic, without the watch). Deploys quickly and smoothly, great lockup, and very stable blade. Needs a deeper carry clip though, and doesn't fit this category as it has a 3-inch blade. Performancewise, it's an upgrade from the Burch Chubby design ...
    cd1df1e150725fa51052420d7383cb78.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

28Shooter

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 19, 2010
    Baltimore, Maryland
    If you're looking for a great light duty knife, take a look at a Spyderco Salt H1 - great knife and PC enough for the office. Also, I liked it so much that I bought a Delica 4 for my off duty EDC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom