• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    In spite of the fact that it has NEVER happened. Out of 350,000 permit holders over a period of 10 years.....exactly ONE was convicted of a homicide.

One. Out of 13,500 homicides during that period.

And while gang bangers are out killing each other left and right; and criminals are robbing places with stolen guns,

Many will focus on that one guy as proof the policy is a failure.

Storm40

Ultimate Member
    Apr 13, 2009
    Harford County
    Many will focus on that one guy as proof the policy is a failure.

and ignore the recidivist scumbags who a) plea bargained away their firearm charges in the first place, b) got paroled early for "good behavior" and then c) committed a violent felony with a firearm while on parole (rinse and repeat) because he's a poor, misunderstood youth who is just trying to turn his life around.

(i'm just repeating you for the heck of it)

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008
    Sorry....Florida.

MD has only ever issued a little over 42k permits....ever.

Thanks, that's what threw me, the 350,000. 42k huh? We can do MUCH better than that. :) I wonder if we can find out how many apps they have gotten say by the end of March. Is that made public?

MH

ThumperIII

Jun 11, 2009
    Maryland
    Since the MSP has apparently stopped (put on hold) all processing of permit applications where the approval basis is solely dependent on the standing of the G&S ruling, will they still claim the same prior low rate of applications 'not disapproved' to the court?
    Of the 42k total MD permits issued, how many of these are current/active?
    How many pending application disapprovals (based solely on G&S) would be necessary to cause a significant change the 97% approval rate MSP claims?

also:
    What services (photo/notary, etc) in addition to fingerprints are available at the Bel Air MVA Livescan? (so I can plan my Monday trip route from Cecil Co)

Dead Eye

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jul 21, 2010
    At Wal-Mart, buying more ammo.
    Since the MSP has apparently stopped (put on hold) all processing of permit applications where the approval basis is solely dependent on the standing of the G&S ruling, will they still claim the same prior low rate of applications 'not disapproved' to the court?
    Of the 42k total MD permits issued, how many of these are current/active?
    How many pending application disapprovals (based solely on G&S) would be necessary to cause a significant change the 97% approval rate MSP claims?

also:
    What services (photo/notary, etc) in addition to fingerprints are available at the Bel Air MVA Livescan? (so I can plan my Monday trip route from Cecil Co)

The Mail Bag Plus, on South Bridge Street, in Elkton, can do both (passport photos and notary).

Lawyer56

Feb 10, 2009
    Baltimore, MD
    I just read/heard an interesting statistic. Since 1934, there has been only one murder committed with a legal machine gun -- and that was by a police officer.

Kimerazor

Ultimate Member
    Aug 14, 2011
    "FEE state"
    Delegate McDermott told me yesterday that he & Delegate Smiegel signed & letter to the MSP for them to continue to process applications v. waiting on anything.

Get your apps in!

NRA Life Member
    SAF Life Member
    GRRN Supporter

Warpspasm

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2010
    Harford, Co.
    So, how does this LiveScan thing work when you want to put in your application? If I understand correctly, they send the fingerprint scans electronically. Do you already have to have your application mailed to the MSP? What are the actual steps, in order, to get everything you need?

BTW, still waiting for that fillable PDF application to be posted. How's that going?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County
    So, how does this LiveScan thing work when you want to put in your application? If I understand correctly, they send the fingerprint scans electronically. Do you already have to have your application mailed to the MSP? What are the actual steps, in order, to get everything you need?

BTW, still waiting for that fillable PDF application to be posted. How's that going?

You need to make a copy of the live scan receipt to send along with your application.

drblast33

[This Space for Sale ...]

When you get the livescan, you get a certificate and must mail in the application with the certificate within 3 days.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom