• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Maryland is up next. I am looking to sue the various counties that ban stun guns. I need to act fast. I am filing in New Orleans tomorrow. I need to get clients for Maryland. Any of you guys game?

So, what are the counties in MD that ban stun guns? I knew that Baltimore does and Annapolis (IIRC). Howard. Any others?

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    So, what are the counties in MD that ban stun guns? I knew that Baltimore does and Annapolis (IIRC). Howard. Any others?

A few years ago several of us successfully lobbied AACO Council to over turn their ban on Electronic Control Devices (tasers, stunguns). Our research at the time IIRC ban was still in place in: Baltimore city, Annapolis, Ocean city, Howard county, Harford county, Baltimore county. I believe Harford Co was similarly being lobbied to change the ban.

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    This is the list according to Volokh
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-the-second-amendment/?utm_term=.04385ae78203

Stun gun bans remain in effect in Hawaii; Massachusetts; New York; Rhode Island; Annapolis, Md.; Baltimore; New Orleans; Philadelphia; Tacoma, Wash.; Wilmington, Del; and Howard County, Md., plus some smaller towns.

So, has suit been filed against the Annapolis and Baltimore ordinances? Are you interested in taking on the looming Baltimore toy gun ban about to be enacted on federal preemption grounds? Easy 1988 fees in that one. A private message would be fine.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    So, has suit been filed against the Annapolis and Baltimore ordinances? Are you interested in taking on the looming Baltimore toy gun ban about to be enacted on federal preemption grounds? Easy 1988 fees in that one. A private message would be fine.

I have local counsel for the Maryland cases. However I do not have clients yet. Once I have clients I will file right away. The second part I'll discuss privately.

Boondock Saint

Ultimate Member
    Dec 11, 2008
    White Marsh
    Baltimore County has a stun gun ban, but the SA has said that they will not enforce the law.

Mr. Boondock Saint,

Yes, it is correct. Attached is the Supreme Court case.

This is a Baltimore County code only. Mike Field (the county attorney) and I agreed that we have to stop enforcing.

http://articles.baltimoresun.com/20...ronic-control-devices-baltimore-county-tasers

Scott Shellenberger

State’s Attorney

for Baltimore County

410-887-6660

----------------------

It is my understanding that your office is no longer upholding the county law banning possession of Tasers/stun guns in Baltimore County, as the Supreme Court recently held that such a ban is not constitutional. Is this correct?

Boondock Saint

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    I have a feeling they'll all fold like cheap suits with hardcore DC and NJ not putting up a fight.

AliasNeo07

Ultimate Member
    Feb 12, 2009
    MD
    Keeping a close eye on this. Thank you guys. I would like my girlfriend to be able to carry the new Taser Pulse but wasn't sure about the laws.

That thing is awesome.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    new york filed

Attachments

• 1 Complaint NY.pdf
      380.9 KB · Views: 133
    Last edited:

Kharn

Ultimate Member
    Mar 9, 2008