• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    That's true. I would by a few and tinker with some of the homemade stuff.
    Ooh, I never even considered that. My wife and kids would never see me outside the workshop for like a year with all the suppressors I could home-build for like a hundred bucks.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    I do not expect to see that bill go anywhere.

The Feds like the $200 tax too much

Its not the tax stamp they like

Its the taxpayer funded bureaucracy and the hammer they get to hold over your head that they seek to maintain

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Man if this passes I'll for sure pick one up. Never wanted to deal with the headache and wait for a form 4

Same here. The extra paperwork is why I never got on the NFA or C&R bandwagons.

If suppressors are no longer under NFA, I'll get one, or three. Until then, I still have a preference for threaded barrels even if I don't have anything to affix to it.

Fingers crossed.

ericahls

Aug 31, 2011
    Elkridge MD
    This is great news. As a hitman for hire having to wait so long is a real pain.

Of course I am joking but that is exactly what the idiots in our government believe is why people want suppressors hence the background check and paperwork.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    Same thing I was thinking.:sad20:

$200 is peanuts.

Remember, it was enacted in 1934 to discourage people from buying the items. It WAS a significant amount of money then. Not so much now.

If it was about the money, the tax would have been raised a LOT over time.

Elliotte

Ultimate Member
    Aug 11, 2011
    Loudoun County VA
    $200 is peanuts.

Remember, it was enacted in 1934 to discourage people from buying the items. It WAS a significant amount of money then. Not so much now.

If it was about the money, the tax would have been raised a LOT over time.

According to inflation rates, $200 in 1934 was the equivalent of roughly $3500 today.

pitpawten

Ultimate Member
    Jan 28, 2013
    if you could go to the lgs, pick up a suppressor, and fill out a form, and drop the 200 bucks for the stamp, and take your suppressor home same day, it would be 1 million times better than it currently is. being able to buy a suppressor the same way I buy a butt stock would be ideal however.

Not only that, but the number of suppressor purchases would skyrocket, leading to a revenue increase for the ATF.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    I believe in parts of England that suppressors are required when using a firearm. Throw that in their face
    I have a friend in Ireland who owns a farm. He had to do their paperwork, but the local authorities see nothing wrong with owning a suppressed .22.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    I have a friend in Ireland who owns a farm. He had to do their paperwork, but the local authorities see nothing wrong with owning a suppressed .22.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

One of my clients is from England. He tells me that he actually has less gun rights in CA than he did back in England. Apparently back there he had no waiting period, could own a suppressor and he could buy as many guns as he wanted at one time. He obviously had a lot of paperwork which let him do that.

Bart_man

Clinging to gun&religion
    Jan 8, 2011
    Hazzard County
    :party29:
    Same here. The extra paperwork is why I never got on the NFA or C&R bandwagons.

If suppressors are no longer under NFA, I'll get one, or three. Until then, I still have a preference for threaded barrels even if I don't have anything to affix to it.

Fingers crossed.
    :party29::party29:

I'm already shopping

2ndMDRebel

Ultimate Member
    Feb 13, 2008
    How does the tax stamp work on suppressors, is it one for each suppressor purchased, one for each firearm capable of mounting a suppressor, or one for the authorization to use suppressors?

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Ya know, I'm having some second thoughts about the removal of suppressors from the NFA and the supposition of can prices going down. Maybe someone else here has already said this but, I'm starting, if it did happen, prices on cans would actually go up....at least in the beginning. There'd be plenty of gouging going on. Just a thought that popped into my head today. What say you all?

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    Ya know, I'm having some second thoughts about the removal of suppressors from the NFA and the supposition of can prices going down. Maybe someone else here has already said this but, I'm starting, if it did happen, prices on cans would actually go up....at least in the beginning. There'd be plenty of gouging going on. Just a thought that popped into my head today. What say you all?

I've thought of the same thing. But that doesn't give me 2nd thoughts about wanting them removed from the nfa.

adit

ReMember
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 20, 2013
    DE

I've thought of the same thing. But that doesn't give me 2nd thoughts about wanting them removed from the nfa.

I think you'd see a lot more players enter the market.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I think you'd see a lot more players enter the market.
    oh for sure. I do agree that the initial reaction might be a spike in prices as demand would FAR exceed initial supply. Give it a year for new companies to pop up and for existing ones to ramp up production and you'll see more inventory, more competition, and thus lower prices.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Easydoesit

Latest threads

Top Bottom