• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    Man these pics and all this talk make me want to get back out there again. I thought I had a nice stock (HS Precision) when I went there last year, I left with it covered with tape and foam too. Went home and bought an XLR adjustible chassis, no more tape for me. :)

I just looked up the XLR website. Did you replace the chassis or did you just replace the stock? Which one did you get?

I want to replace my stock. It's really is the weak link in an otherwise excellent Savage rifle.

Texas

Villiage Idiot
    Nov 16, 2016
    Accokeek
    I am getting ready to purchase the ammo for next week's class. Anyone have any good sources for bulk .308 win in HBT 175 grain?

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    I am getting ready to purchase the ammo for next week's class. Anyone have any good sources for bulk .308 win in HBT 175 grain?

Message stickshaker he didn't even use all of the federal match that he purchased may be able to give you a good deal

OrbitalEllipses

Ultimate Member
    Jul 18, 2013
    DPR of MoCo
    ^That's gonna be around - if not - the best price on that particular ammo shipped. They're located in New England so shipping should be fairly fast too (next day when I ordered early morning, but their processing times have gotten slower). I'd just leave a note that you need it by next Friday.

ToolAA

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Jun 17, 2016
    God's Country
    My pleasure, it worked out well for both of us. Wish I was you and preparing for another class already. :D

Im going to be doing it again next year for sure. I picked up a real cheap wind meter and I've been trying to practice reading wind speed when sitting outside.

StickShaker

Mar 3, 2016
    Montgomery
    Im going to be doing it again next year for sure. I picked up a real cheap wind meter and I've been trying to practice reading wind speed when sitting outside.

I did the same thing for a few weeks before the class. We have an anemometer at work and I took it out with me on my smoke breaks. That was valuable time you spent with Bill practicing wind calls. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Wayne1one

gun aficionado
    Feb 13, 2011
    Bowie, MD
    Got a spot open for our up coming class on May 27th and 28th, short notice but if your interested give me a PM!!!!

Attachments

• b3ea224d5dca9ce2d4772068ebf880ed.jpg
      b3ea224d5dca9ce2d4772068ebf880ed.jpg
      11.7 KB · Views: 356
    Last edited:

enya60h

Dec 10, 2011
    eds class

thanks ed ,bill and group nice shooting with everyone this weekend (again) always look forward to getting down there, just need to stay out of the penalty box lol,

DigDug

Oct 21, 2013
    Anne Arundel County
    thanks ed ,bill and group nice shooting with everyone this weekend (again) always look forward to getting down there, just need to stay out of the penalty box lol,

It was an exceptionally good class made that much better by a good bunch of guys to share the experience with. Will be looking forward to next year. Thanks to both Ed and Bill for their excellent instruction :bowdown: and to Julio for the awesome wind calls on my last target at 1200 yards!

Good luck staying out of the penalty box Mark...

enya60h

Dec 10, 2011
    eds class

that will not happen that 338 gets me in trouble every time I break targets, its not my fault, next time I will shoot the 6.5 creedmore keep me out of trouble lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom