• ...and so much more!
  • Richie

May 8, 2017
    Soon to be in MD.
    Moving to MD from CO. Things I will leave behind:

- A bunch of ARs and M14s
    - Snow in May
    - Freedom

However, I will be close to family, and that outweighs everything else.

I'm bringing a bunch of handguns. None are "banned," as far as I can tell. I guess I have to register them all. Is a large number going to ring a bell at the cop shop?

BUFF7MM

☠Buff➐㎣☠
    Mar 4, 2009
    Garrett County

- Snow in May
    - Freedom

I'm bringing a bunch of handguns. None are "banned," as far as I can tell. I guess I have to register them all. Is a large number going to ring a bell at the cop shop?

Did you own them before 10/2013? If so I bevieve you can bring them with you, IIRC.

It's snows here in May sometimes, you just need to be in the correct portion of the state.

Freedom, well I can't argue with you on that one.:mad54:

No reason why your handguns should throw up a red flag, you're just moving and following the law.:thumbsup:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA

Attachments

• msi_welcome.jpg
      msi_welcome.jpg
      30.2 KB · Views: 290

Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If you owned them prior to Oct 2013 , your Evil Configuration AR's would be grandfathered, and you could bring them. They would need to be registered the same as your handguns. Or conversely , put an HBAR bbl / upper assy on one of them, and no registration required.

And welcome. Dave will be by shortly with his usual helpful links for newcomers.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon

- Snow in May
    - Freedom

I was going to jump on the bandwagon and also tell you the rifles you owned pre 10/1/13 are likely going to be okay as long as you register them.

Might want to check the MSP banned "assault pistol" list regarding your handguns. That's a lot older. Mainly affects things like Tec-9's, Mac-11's, Uzi pistols, etc.

Dave MP

Retired USA
    Jun 13, 2010
    Farmland, PA
    [FONT=&quot]Welcome, again, from Dundalk!
    [FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT] Take a look at these [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]helpful[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] links – LOTS of [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]amazing[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot] info!

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]FORUM RULES[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]P[/FONT]lease consider donating to help [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Fight Maryland's HQ[FONT=&quot]L[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

SB 281:
    [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]A detailed summary for non-lawyers[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Legal Defense Thread[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Range Etiquette and Staying Safe[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Admin News and Announcements[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gun Rights and Legislation[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Industry Partners[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]MD Shooters Firearms Map[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=&quot]

[/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Acronym list[/FONT][/FONT]

j8064

Garrett Co Hooligan #1
    Feb 23, 2008
    Deep Creek

- Snow in May
    - Freedom

Welcome aboard.

Just to let you know - it was spitting snow on some of at the range yesterday. Snow in May will follow you.

But no need to register snow or rain - just pay taxes on them...

;)

Mack C-85

R.I.P.
    Jan 22, 2014
    Littlestown, PA
    Not too many places in MD you wouldn't be less than an hour from family and living in a more freedom loving state!!!!!

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

lawdog89

Mar 23, 2012
    Germantown
    When somebody says they are moving to Maryland my first question is always why? I left the great state of Pennsylvania for this liberal hellhole and have missed it ever since. But like some I came here for work.

HankR

Ultimate Member
    Jan 22, 2013
    Upper Midwest
    Welcome, I guess. I left MD over ten years ago, hoping to move to the Rockies. It's a good days drive to get to any mountains from where I ended up, but it's home now. Kinda glad now that I didn't end up in CO, I have family there looking to escape to more freedom. We had 8 inches of snow last week but I think we're done for the year.

lseries

Dec 11, 2011
    Depending on where your family is, you may be about as close if you lived in Virginia, West Virginia, Pennsylvania, or Delaware, all better states than Maryland in most ways, definitely including all related to firearms. Something to explore and think about.

Benjamin

May 30, 2017
    Westminster
    When somebody says they are moving to Maryland my first question is always why? I left the great state of Pennsylvania for this liberal hellhole and have missed it ever since. But like some I came here for work.

You mean you miss being allowed to purchase firearms without a waiting period, paying extra money for permission to purchase them, or not having ridiculous regulations imposed on those firearms? It can't possibly be that you miss being able to legally carry a firearm for years and then suddenly Maryland deems you unfit to see to your own personal safety.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom